The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Snowboard Kids (all)

Lain_EX · 30 · 3561

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
New video! :D
http://www.driveway.com/keodv80524

This is from the 6th track, Dizzy-Land (the hardest track in the game without having to unlock anything).  The track is, obviously, a parody of the Disneyland park and the scenery around the track is yet more proof of this.

This is a fairly advanced track with all sorts of things that could go wrong.  
Again, taking bets on this one about who won! :P:

Odds of me winning; not great.  Why?  I'm playing the hardest track I can, on a level 1 board.  Before doing this track I'd normally have a level 2 or 3 board (3 is the highest), which are considerably faster.  I'm fighting with a bit of a handicap against these very skilled racers.  Despite this, it is still *possible* to walk away a winner.  Did I make it? Check out the video and see for yourself... :lol:

I need to unlock everything and make a video of my favorite track soon.
Track 8: Silver Mountain.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Aww, bummer! You lost this time! :( Nice try tho. Oh, and I can't wait to see you competing in Mt. Silver.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, here it is:

Action9000 racing on a level 3 board on Silver Mountain, the 2nd secret track!

I did some extra video and audio compression on this video so the filesize is only about 26 MB this time with very little difference in quality.  That should make for a much more pleasant downloading experience. ;)

Taking bets on this race too!  
Scenario: Me on a level 3 board on what I consider the toughest race in the game to win.  The computer AI is pretty nasty on this one.  The track is foggy and there are numerous places where one can fall to their doom.  One bad jump and you're in the back of the pack (I love knocking people off the cliffs in this track :D :lol  ).

I unlocked everything and moved up to a level 3 board.  I could have used one of the special boards (the Star Board is disgustingly fast and easy to control) but I wanted to keep it fair. ;)

This is the big time in SBK 1.  If you can beat these computers regularily on this track, you're in good shape. ;)  It takes a bit of good luck with items to stay on top with this one.
Enjoy!
http://www.driveway.com/ifpdy29982

I'll start posting SBK 2 vids now.  I have SBK 2 beaten on Expert mode (Once you beat the story on normal dificulty, you unlock Expert mode where you can unlock better boards by going through story mode again.  The AI is much better on Expert mode.) with all of the secret boards unlocked, so I can make a video of anything in the game. :)

SBK2 is basically the same kind of game except they made a lot of improvements; better graphics, sound, more advanced tracks, more characters, better overall presentation, a few new items (Try attaching a rocket booster to your board.  Weeeeeee! :lol: , etc.)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snowboard Kids 2! :D

Here's a track on SBK2; Jingle Town.  If you've played SBK1 or watched my videos but not seen SBK2, you'll Immediately see a lot of changes and updates.

Tricks work differently now; you can combo tricks together to make Huge wads of cash on a single jump (my personal record, on the "Crazy Jungle" track, is over 1200G on one jump, over the waterfall).

The animation and control system is much smoother and less "digital" feeling.  The catch?  I find controlling your character not quite as tight (and more difficult, as a result) as the first game, but it makes it interesting in a way, too.  

You can deflect shots back at your opponents.  Expert computers do this A LOT, as you'll see. :P:   By doing a trick (like a board grab) when a shot is about to hit you, you can deflect it.

You can shoot bombs backwards.

Red Bull gives you wings!
Well...not really, but wings do enable your board to glide. :lol:
Actually, I find wings more trouble than they're worth, but meh :p  Maybe if you have a money problem they're useful.

Boatloads of new special boards, for all your random gaming needs! :D

Jingle Town, 3 laps, 4 racers.  Level 3 Balance (the new "All-around") board.
Let's go!
http://www.driveway.com/piqxv06797

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice going with the last two, action9000. :)

Your vids definately bring back memories of playing this game for hours.  That's the way I was back then.  I just wanted to play games all the time.  It was mainly because I didn't have a hobby and had nothing else to do with my time.  These days, I'm not as much into games as I was then, but I can still find a number of them to be fun. :^.^:

This game was definately a competitor for the Mariokart Series.

I know a certain someone here would love it if a Wii version of this came out.  I would too! :D

Let's start hoping. :^.^:

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
LOL Poor Nancy, haunted by ghosts! :lol Way to go! You won both!

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hahaha, was it a tie? Because, on an individual race on Mario Kart 64, if two racers, a computer and a human, get the same time, right down to the hundredths decimal place, the race is given to the computer. If it's two humans, I guess it's given to player 1 or the player that's the highest on the "player hierarchy". :lol

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hahaha, was it a tie?
Tie?  Naw, I won by a fair margin on both those vids. ;)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, terribly sorry. I misread Lain_EX's post. :^.^:

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Sep 24 2007 on  08:35 PM
Oh, terribly sorry. I misread Lain_EX's post. :^.^:
Yeah! I meant he won both races! XD