The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Yet another earthquake

raga · 24 · 2033

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does seem so.  I wonder if they are connected in some geological manner.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I heard the death toll in Turkey from the quake is 41.  And I agree that some of the causes of death include most of the buildings made in those areas being sub-standard compared to other countries in terms of "quake-proof".  And I would not be surprised if one earthquake could have started some sort of ripple effect with the tectonic land plates.  If one plate shifted out of alignment, perhaps it caused some of the other plates to shift and spark earthquakes in other areas.  That's just a theory of mine picturing the plates moving up and down a sea of magma.  I almost got someone seasick explaining it...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's how I understand it and could see the possibility of there maybe being some sort of connection between the earthquakes.  Though I'm no geologist.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I am not a geologist either, but it may be just an increased activity on the Earth but without really making all earthquakes to be related.
 Even though we must remember that what is making the plates to move as they are doing now is the huge separation that is making the Atlantic ocean bigger as they push everything else to their sides.