The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The things that attacked Cera in movie 1!

Guest · 6 · 944

Bruton the Iguanodon

I thought they were like Sharpteeth and lived in the mysterious beyond. But I just noticed there's one living in the great valley in 11! Funny...maybe there are some that are "civilized", lol!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I believe there's a topic on this already somewhere on GOF. They were pachycephalosauruses, which are herbivores. I think their LBT name is usually domehead; I don't think the movies officially named them.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You mean the pachycephalosaurs? We don't know what they ate. They are the only ornitischians for which we cannot be certain that their diet was made only of plants. So, with our current level of knowledge, you can have them eat almost anything. And the makers of LBT used this fact. In LBT 1 they were shown as carnivores (at least that was my impression). In LBT 1 this type of dinosaur was shown in a movie for the first time.

EDIT: DarkHououmon beat me to it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Didn't somebody write a fanfiction from their point of view?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
DarkHououmon is correct. Here is the thread discussing the Pachycephalosaurus of LBT. Page 2 has a post by me discussing the diets of those dinosaurs, in case you were interested in that subject.

Also, FlipperBoidSkua's fanfiction is titled Guilty Until Proven Innocent, and it offers a very intriguing explanation for the LBT I domeheads' seemingly predatory behavior. I highly recommend it if you like "pure" LBT fanfics and don't mind if they're a little dark. :yes

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.