The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Crying in LBT

Guest · 82 · 7899

Bruton the Iguanodon

I noticed when I was little that there were a lot of times characters would cry, at least once per film. Of course, in movie 1, it was a bit more then just the regular crying, for obvious appropriate reasons. But there were a lot of times. Anyone think they can name them all?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Anyone gonna see if they can list it?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
How about you starting the list you are asking for to start the discussion? ;)
I'll start a list that is very likely to be incomplete consisting of only the cases that come to my mind spontaneously and that won't cover the last few movies which I know much less than the earlier ones:

Original movie:
Littlefoot cries after the death of his mother.
Littlefoot cries after the fight with Cera.
Cera cries after her rescue by the others.
Ducky cries after the fight with Sharptooth assuming Petrie to be dead.

2nd movie:
Ducky cries after thinking that the egg from her family's nest was destroyed.
Chomper cries right after his birth when everyone else ran away and also after the incident in which he bit Cera (Littlefoot was crying there too I think).
Littlefoot cried during the goodbye scene with Chomper.

3rd movie:
Cera cried during the nightly talk with her father.

4th movie:
Both Littlefoot and his grandmother cried during when they believed grandpa was doomed to die.

5th movie:
While there were plenty of scenes with very sad characters I am not sure if there were any where they reached the point at which tears were rolling.

6th movie:
The unnamed longneck kid in the flashback of the lone dinosaur was crying.
Dinah and Dana were crying when admonished by Cera.
Littelfoot was crying during the goodbye from Doc.

7th movie:
Petrie cried after his friends caught him "spying" for Pterano and quarreling about it and again before the song "good inside".

8th movie:
Ducky crying in the scene of the song "family".

9th movie:
Littlefoot crying in the scene in which they all believed that Mo had been killed by the swimming sharptooth.

10th movie:
Littlefoot crying after learning about Bron being his father (personally I feel that Bron's pathetic excuses ignoring everything established in the original movie would have made a better reason to cry).
Shorty crying when setting out to leave Bron.
I believe more than one character cried during the song "Bestest Friends" but I am not quite sure on that one.

Bruton the Iguanodon

3rd movie:

You thinking of LBT 11?

sHORTY DID Not cry, Littlefoot didn't in LBT 9.

All the ones u forgot that I know of

LBT 7:
Petrie did when he said bye to Pterano, AND WHEN his mom said "it's true" when they kidnapped Ducky

LBT 12:
Guido did when Petrie flew off

LBT 6:
Cera did when she thought Dinah an Dana could be dead,

LBT 8:

Oh tippy did at one point

LBT 9
None! :)

LBT 11:
Cera did after her dad's nightly talk with her (you may have already listed it and accidentally put it in LBT 3)

LBT 13:
Never seen it. Don't intend to!!

Anyone got any more?

Edit: I had some more on here but I erased them to see if people can remember which ones they were.  :D

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Nov 30 2011 on  10:32 AM
3rd movie:

You thinking of LBT 11?

sHORTY DID Not cry,

No. He's thinking of LBT 3 when Cera said, "No, you don't! You just don't want me to have any fun!"
Shorty did cry. Not aloud, but tears did run down his face when he was walking away.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Shorty did cry. Not aloud, but tears did run down his face when he was walking away.

No, he didn't. I watched the scene once and noted he seemed close to tears but it didn't happen. I watched it again after you said this and I didn't see it. I know what I saw and I'm not going to let people convince me otherwise.

So is that it?

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
ahhh Guido cried ....... I love him .But why did he cry ? :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry
poor Guido

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
ahhh Guido cried ....... I love him .But why did he cry ? :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry
poor Guido

Bruton the Iguanodon

Bruton the Iguanodon

Bruton the Iguanodon

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Wow...you sound like me a few months ago.  :lol

But seriously, you need to be patient. You know how it is during this time of year. Everyone has school, work, Christmas shopping ect. It's only been a few hours, give people a break! At least wait a few weeks before you start going "Anyone?"
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

It has been a few weeks since I started this topic. Someone please try!

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
No, I mean, don't just start going "Anyone?" every couple of hours. I know it has been a few weeks. Give people a few weeks before you start going "Anyone?" And besides, at least you got some replies. My threads usually have almost no replies to them.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Continuously asking for replies over a short period of a time is a good way to make people less likely to reply to your topics.

Another reason people may not be posting is because they don't know of any other time there was crying in LBT. Maybe all of them have been mentioned.

Bruton the Iguanodon

You guys wanna try? Someone please humor me, I'm desperate! If there was a site online that had a list of this I'd be fine, but there isn't.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
One way to end that despair would be to watch the movies yourself to see if there are any crying scenes not yet mentioned in this thread.