The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Which sequels had the best music?

Guest · 3 · 725

Bruton the Iguanodon

I haven't seen it in years but I remember the music in 4 as being brilliant when I was a kid. What about any of you guys?

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
I am not very picky when it comes to songs, but I liked the songs from 2,4,5,8,9, and 12 mostly. Oh and 1, of course. :smile

Edit: Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood. Anyways, I don't really pay attention to the music.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
In personal opinion, I don't think any of LBT sequels' music can match the mastery and emotion of the first movie seeing as quite a lot of it is copied and pasted into the later movies anyway. Still, I can't deny that there are some pieces in some of the other movies that I really liked. For example, the end credits of #3/Revelation of the Night Flowers in #4, end credits of #5 and #6 and the intro to #9.

Something I did pick up on though. If you look/listen to other works by Michael Tavera (sp?), you can actually hear some of the LBT score in those animated shows as well I've noticed. One example I discovered was that some of the music of LBT 6 is in the Disney animated show of Lilo and Stitch (the rodeo episode). Not to sound ungrateful or nit-picky, but that kinda comes across as lazy. Some might call it "appropriateness of themeing" but hey.  :D