The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Should Littlefoot's mother be mentioned more?

Guest · 3 · 621

Bruton the Iguanodon

I was cool with her not being mentioned in the first few sequels...I liked the idea of forgetting about the grief of the first film during the 2-4 era, which is definitely the golden era of LBT. And then, in 5, the film where things start to crumble and right before the second half, where things really get ugly, she's finally mentioned. I liked that.

But I didn't like how she's hardly mentioned at all in the 8 remaining films. 2 more times, can you believe it? At first I thought a lot of people were pissed about this, but then someone said, whenI suggested mentioning her, "I don't think that's a good idea". So are people here happy she's never mentioned or what?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Wow...I thought for sure this one would get responses.  :blink:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
From what I recall, what the person said (I did forget who the member was, so I apologize) is that it wasn't a good idea to mention her in every sequel. If memory serves me right, you wanted it so that his mom was mentioned in every single sequel, or most of them. I forget which. And the person said it wasn't a good idea.

I believe the reason why is that it would get annoying or redundant, at least to me it would. There is really no reason why Littlefoot's mother needs so much mentioning. Yeah once in a while is fine, but I'm not sure if I want her to be mentioned too many times.

I'm not saying it's a terrible thing that she gets mentioned at all. My point is that it's not necessary that she gets a ton of mentioning. A few is fine.

Edit: Found out the member's name. It was Justin. Again I apologize.