The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Is Sierra a Sharptooth flyer?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, his species is supposed to be, but, on the other hand, the species of Petrie, Mama Flyer, and Pterano is supposed to be too, but they aren't in the films.  

Also, as all Sharpteeth, minus Chomper, have shown an attempt to eat the characters, and we're not even sure about Chomper even, the fact that he'd not try (though maybe he did with Ducky) is odd.  

Also, let's not forget, Chomper was the only Sharptooth that is allowed in the Great Valley and Sierra flew right into the crowd of Far Walkers right in plain sight and nobody shooed him off.  

Also, if Sierra is a Sharptooth flyer, can it be implied that all Sharptooth flyers can speak Leaf Eater (or at least most of them) as he'd make the second (or possibly third if Rinkus is one too) and Ichy would be the first?  

Yeah, Sierra has teeth, but so does Littlefoot.  Also, Ovirapors aren't supposed to have teeth, yet Ruby does in a few scenes.  Perhaps Sierra's teeth were an artistic mistake.  

At any rate, unlike Ichy or the Pteradactylus in the fifth film, we have no concrete proof that either Rinkus or Sierra are Sharptooth Flyers.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Having teeth isn't enough to state a character is herbivore or carnivore, rather it's the same. Littlefoot's teeth are rounded, thus signify that he's a leafeater. Sierra's, on the other hand, are sharp, a characteristic you only see in meat-eaters. Sure there's teh domeheads, who are leafeaters, but it could be that, in this world, they're omnivorous, or it could have been done to make them look scarier.

His teeth likely weren't a mistake. Lots of pterosaurs had sharp teeth in their beaks.

True they never state that he eats meat, or Rinkus, but they also do not state they were leafeaters either. Also, if they are sharptooth flyers, which I'm still vouching that they are, the reason they weren't shooed off is that they ate only fish. The main diet of most pterosaurs is thought to be fish, if I remember right. The Great Valley dinosaurs aren't going to panic over that. Yes, some pterosaurs did eat dinosaurs, but if I remember right, only the biggest ones did.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
How about a post from a flyer fan?

Yes, Sierra does have teeth, I do think that he's a sharp-toothed flyer, and his species is called "cearadactylus" (pronounced sierra-dact-uhl-us) and yes, they had teeth in real life, too.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If he is a Sharptooth flyer, was he trying to eat Ducky when he took a snap at her then?

As for the look scarier thing, I think that's it.  Sierra does look frightening and looks the part of the villain.

Anyway, if he is a Sharptooth flyer, maybe he and Rinkus can team up with Ichy (and, if she hasn't ditched Ichy), Dil too.