The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Do Sharpteeth leave their eggs near the

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm noticing that we've seen it happen twice.  And both times, the Sharptooth parents have been quite negligent and gotten their eggs stolen by Flatteeth both times.  

In film II, Chomper's parents apparently both decided to go hunting together and that their egg would be fine alone.  Apparently they didn't know Ozzy and Strut were in the neighborhood.  

Also, the same thing with the Fast Biter mother being out.  Both she (and her AWOL mate) left their eggs, as did Chomper's parents with him.  

Also, when getting their eggs back, they usually ignore the Flatteeeth nearby once they've found their kids.

I mean, Chomper's dad could smell Littlefoot from a distance in film V yet in film II, Littlefoot was even closer yet he and his wife just walked away after they'd found their son.  A few sniffs and Littlefoot would be a snack.  (Unless Chomper told them not to harm Littlefoot and that he was their kid.  He said it in Sharptooth (funny how he learns so fast without being taught that at all.) , though if Chomper told them that, then why did they want to eat the kids at first in film V?)  

The Fast Biter mom just walked away when she saw that her eggs have hatched.  Honestly, she could have killed them all and fed their bodies to her newborn kids for goodness sake.  (Unless Chomper kindly told her what had happened, though, honestly, I'm not sure that would have changed her mind of not killing them anyway.)

So, do you think other Sharpteeth are leaving their eggs near the Great Valley or do you think those two cases (Chomper and the young Fast Biters) were aberrations?