The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ever successfully predicted...

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Ever successfully predicted what a future sequal would be about? I'm talking years before it happened. For example, in one instance in which I made a dead on and downright prophetic claim that a sequel of LBT would feature a benign meat eater as a protagonist when I was like six or seven. This was a few years before LBT2: The Great Valley Adventure and I didn't even have the slightest clue there would be any sequels at that time.
Then came Chomper. To this day I still can't believe how accurately I called it.

So, anyone else ever had this happen? If so, share your foresight.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, three things I can think of off the top of my head.  

*First of all, in the two-year gap between LBT VI and LBT VII, I kept having dreams there would be another sequel in which a volcanic eruption (Threehorn Peak) would occur.

*Secondly, I had a dream of an extremely similar scene to the ending of LBT VIII when I was just eleven years old.

*Lastly, when I was twelve years old, I dreamed about a LBT TV series being created.  I even heard a theme song in the dream, and it sounded almost exactly like the one used in the TV series.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
While I never got the plots right, I do believe that I had a few dreams, separated by a year or more, that another sequel was coming out. There was one time, I think around the 4th or 5th movie, that I dreamt of an 8th movie.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
YES. I predicted that Littlefoot's father would be mentioned or shown in an upcoming movie, not long after #9 was released. Who knew that Bron would show up in the very next one?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nope, because I never knew there were more than 5 sequels until I found the gof!

(and I didn't think there would/could be)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Always predicted there'd be a TV Series, but I was expecting it WAY back between the 4th and 6th movie. :)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I had a dream that was like the VHS previews that listed all the way up to 11 XD . I only remember 10 and 11, though. But instead of the VHS' being shown, it was various characters in stone with vary gargoyle-esque postures...namely Pterano. "RAWR!"

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I never really tried to predict what would be in another land before time movie, but I did have some ideas for stories I wrote which were later included in LBT movies. It is not much of a surprise though as these ideas are rather general while the details of the plots are very different.
One of these is an LBT winter story. It didn't take much imagination to think of this as an interesting motif for a land before time story prior to LBT 8.
The other idea would be a solar eclipse. I had been very much into the idea of a solar eclipse in LBT as far back as 1999 when I took notes of my impressions during a solar eclipse here in Germany which I meant to use for the description in my own story.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
You are good at this. Suddenly, my one prodiction about Chomper looks downright pathetic. LOL.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I wrote my story, LBT12: Warrior Flyers when I was a youngin' and funny enough, Petrie was THE main character in the 12th sequel. I hoped Pterano would be in it, since four movies passed, but no Pterano. :p

I <3 the newer character Guido though. :)

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know, I was with my friends in grade school and we all thought that Littlefoot was totally going to have an "I am your father!" moment. I think the seventh film had come out, and we all thought it was getting a bit ridiculous, I suppose.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I can say with 99% certainty that I have never predicted anything from any of the LBT movies.