The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bruton the Iguanadon

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It is good to see you back Bruton :yes
We transfered your old postcount to your new account. Editing the older posts will unfortunately not be possible.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well...that puts me in a very difficult position.

You see, I divulaged some very personal info on here, but was thinking of removing it, seeing as, well...I've been thinking about leaving for good.

I know it's terrible, but this is a website for a children's cartoon, and that alone is something I should be weary of trusting. Additionally, I found another forum site I like.

This is a decision I've been struggling with, however---whether to leave the GOF or not. A part of me still wants to stay.

And now that I know that the info I revealed will be with me forever here...I'm not sure I even want to.

Oh...gotta go. Mom's coming in

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i remember how many posts you had, you had 4319. you joined on october 30th 2011, so this october will mark 2 years here for you. unfortunately we cannot changed the joined by date.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the thing is bruton, a lot of members here have divulged personal info about themselves ion here. thats part of being a community and opening up to the other members of the community. we will not divulge that info to anyone else. besides its likely been months since you revealed it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
You needn't worry about releasing 'personal information' here. Much of that is in the After Midnight section, whch is locked to all members that do not have enough post counts. I've released personal information about myself and I'm not worried about it being misused.

Also, just because this board is about a children's cartoon does not mean it's not trust worthy. It is silly to think like that. It's stereotypical and judgmental. Not every adult who watches cartoons is a pedophile. You should never classify people into groups like that just because of what they like.

Seriously, Bruton, to leave GOF just because it's based around a cartoon movie is not a very good reason to leave at all.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good to see you back, Bruton :wave

I think your postcount was about 2300 posts, however.
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome back.  It should not bug you that this main theme is based on a child's cartoon.   You can stick with the sections that have noting to do with that, and there are quite a few that talk of other things.  You can also start discussion about non children's cartoon stuff like video games, the latest movie you saw, and things like that.

And I think admin can edit someone else's post so if you need or want a post edited you can ask an admin to do it.  Maybe type up what you want the new post to be so they can copy and past your message and put the web address so they can easily find it.  

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey there. We missed you; it was getting a little quiet on the board. lol

If you want to leave, then you can. I don't think anyone of us on here will hold that against you if you choose to leave. If you stay, then that would be awesome, and we'd love to have you still on here. But, like Darkhououmon said, it kind of is silly to leave just 'cause it's a forum about a children's cartoon. Still, it is your choice.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I don't want to leave, really, but like I said, my mom is against me being on here, and she says that people can say anything they want online, so for all I know, this site is...but I REALLY do not want to think that. I want to stay here and I hope I can convince my mother.

BTW, I revealed some stuff about music I like that I consider personal. I feel like I've really bared my soul to all of you about how I feel about LBT and a lot more.

You guys are great. Yeah, I could ask an administrator to remove stuff I revealed, but that would take FOREVER. I'm just going to accept that it's here. And...I think I'm going to accept that, as a result, it's sort of where I belong.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It's good to see you again, Bruton. Why leave, you won't find another place like this. It's friendly, and it has tons of useful LBT info. But if you decide to leave, there's nothing stopping you from changing that decision and coming back at any time you wish. As the good song says: "We'll always be your friends".

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I hope you can convince her as well. We are all good people here. And we'd like you to stay and be a member here. We like you and we want you here. And it's sad that your mom hates this place and your decision to like this franchise. She needs to know and realize we aren't bad people and or weirdos. This is a good forum and community. My dad hates me being here but I still stay here because I love the movies and the show. And I love talking to the members here. Hope your mom lets you stay and convince her that this is a safe place to be.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks, guys, but my point is, people can say anything they want to online, and in a lot of people's eyes, a site for a children's cartoon on which users are generally at least in their teens is weird.

Thank you for your support, though.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
the thing is bruton, a lot of members here have divulged personal info about themselves ion here. thats part of being a community and opening up to the other members of the community. we will not divulge that info to anyone else. besides its likely been months since you revealed it.

They can remove it whenever they want, though.

My old account was deleted, so I'm stuck with my comments permanently. :unsure:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm sure the admins can delete any particular posts if you request them too.

Also, I saved (What I think is) your avatar, according to my digital records. Here you go! (Let me know if that isn't it and if so what the correct one looks like)

Also welcome back! :cheers

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon (again),Aug 19 2013 on  09:16 PM

They can remove it whenever they want, though.

My old account was deleted, so I'm stuck with my comments permanently. :unsure:
They can, but we actually have a rule against removing entire posts.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Indeed. Deleting ones old posts is considered kind of like vandalism. Unless there was something really problematic (somebody posting information so unreasonable to post that we would most likely remove it immediately when we saw it (e.g. people posting their actual postal addresses, phonenumbers etc.)) we really do not want to see anything deleted.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I remember a user named Alex got in a lot of hot water after blanking all of his posts from a heated argument with another user (who later got banned too for a completely different reason). I don't think he got banned, but the admins gave him a stern talking-to and I think he earned some warning points from the incident.

Requesting that the admins delete old posts and providing valid reasons for it is usually the safest course of action.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't mean deleting posts, just deleting stuff from them.

anyways, I've decided to stay, I think, but need to get things figured out w/ mom. Dad's ok, long as it's apporpriate.