The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pets

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Does anybody on this forum own a pet?  I have a dog and my sister has a cat.  Which is very unfortunate considering that my dog and my sister's cat get into fights whenever they get within six inches of each other. And my sister's cat always wins.  One time I went to feed my dog and I noticed a cat claw sticking out of his snout.  Poor little guy, anywho, here's a photo of my pet, Rusty.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have a dog and cat (Sister's hamster doesn't really count). Dog is have miniture pincher, half boston terrier and my cat...well I don't know what breed he is but let's just say this, he weighs more than my dog :lol I think the dog weighs about 20 and the cat is 30 :lol:

One really hyper dog, and one really fat, lazy cat :lol

I have pictures of them, I'll post them once I find them and scan them :P:

I noticed a cat claw sticking out of his snout

ouch :o

We had our cat declawed (Can't remember why) so now he just whacks our dog in the face. It's funny :lol

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have a dog and four cats back at home.  Dog is a female Australian Shepherd and the cats are all males.  The only problem with them is making sure the dog doesn't eat the cats' food.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I have a budgerigar.
Thing is that actually he is my sister's bird. Yet she is studying in Hamburg and unable to take him along she gave him into my care for that time (almost a year now). Thing is that I have grown so fond of that cute little gangster that I don't think I can ever give him back to my sister (and she I think is thinking along the same lines). He is sitting on my right hand while I'm typing this. His name is Luke.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have a dachshund who has some mental issues and a cat who has no brains.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
:lol   My sister's cat is the greediest animal on the planet.  He thinks any canned food is for him and whenever I don't give him anything he starts meowing until I go out of my mind.  And my dog is a barks at any stranger he comes across.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My cat loves effection!  She will meou until I pat her.  It gets real annoying when I am on the phone.  Also, if I roll over in bed at night and she hears it and wants attention, she will sit outside my door and meou as loud as she can until I do something.  Sometimes, I just try to ignore it.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
God I only WISH my cat would do that. But he hates anyone being near him, and his teeth are really sharp o.o'

That's why I love dogs :D, love it every time he wants attention. I could pet him for hours :P:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
My stepmother hates animals in general so it's really hard for us (me, little brother and little sister) to have pets about the house. But...we did manage to twist her arm and she allowed us to all get rabbits. Coz they can either live indoors or outdoors. We started with 2 Netherland Dwarves (Brandy and Sooty) but sadly we lost them both. One night, my brother left the hutch door open and they both escaped! We found Brandy but we never found Sooty. Sadly, Brandy died of a disorder in 2002 that affected her balance so she couldn't stand up properly...she was completely disorientated and couldn't even stand to eat or drink...so we had her put down..she was only 3 :(

Saying that though, we got 2 new rabbits in summer '02, these two are in the photo below...they're called Syrup and Charlie. Syrup's on the left and Charlie (my bunny) is on the right. They're so cute and cuddly!

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Feb 12 2006 on  07:10 PM
Brandy died of a disorder in 2002that affected her balance so she couldn't stand up properly...she was completely disorientated and couldn't even stand to eat or drink...so we had her put down..she was only 3 :(

That's sad, my sister's cat has a tumor that has intertwined in his rib cage, dangerously close to his diaphragm.  And I don't know how long he has to live.

Attachments:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
No pets here.  Mostly that comes from allergy problems so there's not much I can do about that.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
When I lived with my Mom, we had 2 cats (mixed-breeds) and a dog (a purebred pomeranian).  I've Never seen a dog so Happy or hyper in all my life (remembers the pizza incident  :lol ) :p

I'm not a big pet person.  I couldn't see getting a pet when I move out.  I live with my Dad now, and we don't have any pets.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I once had a goldfish that lived for about 3 to 4 years (forgot exactly how long after he died).  I may try to get a dog when I'm on my own, as well as some more fish.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My family has gone through so many pets, you'd think of us as murderers.  However, we are just very unlucky.

Over the years my family has taken care of several pets.  First was a dog named Peanut, which I sadly report I mistreated.  I was a bad little boy back then.  He died in 1999.  And on his last day, he allowed himself to be held by me.  I'll never forget that. :cry

Then we took care of several lizards that we caught in the wild.  As of today, it is unlawful to do that where I live, unless you are given legal permission.  They eventually died of old age, though at the time I hardly cared when something died.  I must've been pretty cold-hearted back then.

Next were three parakeets.  2 male and one female.  Sadly, the last of them died in 2003.  I grew really attached to my little Tweety. :cry2

Along with the parakeets, we got two finches, one male, one female, who were, no pun intended, lovebirds.  I'd say they went through 100 eggs total before dying out.  Only one of which made it all the way through the birth process.  Now just how bad of luck is that? :( (And I confess that I murdered the male by drowning him in a sick little game of mine.) :cry

We have also taken care of many fish overtime.  The only one surviving now is a catfish.  Can't say how long it'll last under our care.  Though I hope it's for a while.

We also have a little turtle, which is named Digger. (Because he loves to dig in his water home.) :^.^:

And as of yesterday, I now own a dog named Pappi.  He just really loves to play.  I hope I treat him well.  This is my second chance at taking good care of a dog, and I'm not going to lose it. :)

Yeah, alot of pets. :blink:

I'd dare say I hold a record :yes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You drowned a bird for a game?! That's really sick, mean, cruel, nasty!
Didn't your parents do anything about that?  :mad

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hope no PETA representatives read this thread.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does not require radicals (as which Roger Rabbit described PETAS to me in the chat) in order to be absolutely horrified at this. Somebody drowning a bird struggling for its life! A living being! The scene could come straight from an Edgar Alan Poe story! I confess I really had to restrict myself not to post a message which could have rightfully been deleted for abusive language when I read about this barbaric behaviour. Cruel! Senseless!
Better don't continue about it. Better don't go on about it at all as it can only worsen matters. But my personal very positive image of the poster has suffered from this; no doubt about it.  :angry: