The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Celebrating 300,000 Downloads

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm pleased to announce that the LBT server has served over 300,000 downloads!  I'm going to have to add a few more digits to the counter. :p Right now it can only register up to 999,999 downloads.  I never thought it would get this popular.  Total bandwidth used so far is 2.29TB (2,290GB).  Unfortunately I don't have access to the individual IP list right now (it's updating) so I can't tell you how many unique visitors it's had so far.  I'll post that number later.

But anyways, I'm grateful that I've been able to be of such help to the individuals that have made use of my server and I hope I'll be able to grow with the times.  It's so nice to be able to have a private server where thing's won't be deleted after 30 days and things won't be deleted due to copyright issues.  It's been lot's of fun coding and keeping such a reliable service up and running all this time.  It's given me something to do. :yes

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Way to go!  Though I doubt it would be as high as it is without me. :D

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Way to go! Though I doubt it would be as high as it is without me. biggrin.gif

That's true.  Your material has brought a whopping 28,979 downloads!  But you have to remember, there are lots of hidden areas of the server.  These area's aren't displayed in the main directory at www.lbtserver.2myip.net.  For example, go to www.lbtserver.2myip.net/stream.  This is where I put some of my website resources.  There is no folder called "Stream" in the main directory of the server.  I also have an area of the server restricted to all buy my most trusted hacker friends.  In addition to that, I also have a private hacking folder (which accounts for over 100,000 of the downloads) that is accessible by invitation only.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well it seems that my server's IP address log refreshes every month. :( This means that I can't tell how many unique visitors I've had.  See....I didn't write the IP logging code from scratch because it's so long.  Because of that, I overlooked the fact that it refreshes after 30 days.  I'll change that now.....but in the past 8 days I've logged 618 UNIQUE IP addresses.  This means that at least 618 different people have viewed my server within the past 8 days. :yes That's 10 times the number of active members on GOF. :D See?  Not all my traffic comes from here. :p

EDIT:  We're now at 327,945 downloads.  It seems that server activity has increased quite a bit since I made this topic.