The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Fanfiction readings on YouTube

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Hi all I had this idea for a while now and I think others have too. I was thinking that perhaps we could do YT videos of us members reading other members fanfictions. It would be a good way to help get more opinion on our stories as well as increase their popularity. Here you can put down if you want you're LBT fanfic read on YT, I think it would be better to have another person aside from the author to read their own works though. So I think this is a good idea and has a YT channel (I don't at the moment) and wants their Fanfic read (I certainly do) then we can do all the organising here in this thread. Anyone interested?
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I am potentially interested, though I say potentially due to my lack of decent- quality recording equipment.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Count me in! :lol:

I occasionally read out loud when reading fanfictions anyway and I think my headset is capable of delivering acceptable quality :)

I could also host the videos on my YouTube channel though I can only encourage you to open your own. If I were to be the hoster, I would open an extra channel for these videos anyway.
Inactive, probably forever.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd be open to both. reading other's fics in videos, or having somebody else read mine.

Of mine, I'd more reccomend Friends for Dinner or the Two Hunters, but that's just because thy're much shorter than my other ff. I know I'd LOVE to read The Seven Hunters, but just like with some of the other fanfictions on here, that's a huge story, and would be a monumental task for someone to read.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Of mine, I'd more reccomend Friends for Dinner or the Two Hunters, but that's just because thy're much shorter than my other ff. I know I'd LOVE to read The Seven Hunters, but just like with some of the other fanfictions on here, that's a huge story, and would be a monumental task for someone to read.
One chapter at a time, it could work. If there was a, let's say, schedule the likes of 2-3 chapters per month, I'm sure we could pull it off.

There are two ways to do that which come to my mind, both handy on the one and problematic on the other hand...
  • 1. Read in real time
    This would require all readers to meet up on Skype or a similar chat program that allows for free of charge group calls. It'd sound very natural and would be easy to do, however it might turn out to be difficult getting everybody online at the same time. Timezones, different schedules etc.
  • 2. Everybody reads their parts and it'll be put together using an audio editing program
    Well, this option has the advantage, that everybody could read their lines whenever there is time to do so as opposed to meeting with everybody at the certain date and time. Problematic is, that the flow of the reading might be effected negatively and somebody would have a lot of audio editting to do.
Any other options I didn't think of?

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Not a bad idea, so we could perhaps treat the stories like a RP and assign character lines for people. We could do solo readings for shorter FF's but so far I like the idea. I think we should make a list of the potential fanfics we want to read and it would probably be wise to let their authors know what we are undertaking.

So far the FF's that have been suggested or has someone who wants a reading of it to be done are:  

The Seven Hunters
Friends for Dinner/The Two Hunters
The Swimmer Trials

Is there any other Fanfictions anyone wants to add to the list?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd throw my own into the pot too though not before I've finished arc 1 and revamped a few things :p (Shorty's Dark Past). In other words, not soon... :p

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'd definitely add mine, "To Tread Upon Fields Afar." And hey-if we get this off the ground I'm all for participating!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds good I'd watch these videos of yours and I'll add my own comments in,

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is an awesome idea. I'd definitely want to see this happen even though I'm not sure if my voice would be suitable for this... These fanfics deserve more attention.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I do as well I wanna see all of your faces and see what you guys have written

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was thinking of maybe doing a video for some fic this weekend, but now I'm sick from work, I guess, and my voice sounds so nasally and forced. :/
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That sounds like a good idea to me.  And a fun thing for some to do.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I would like to do a vid soon. I propose that we start off with a short story (eg. Freeze) so that we can actually get used to doing these vids in a style like that of an RP. So if we decide on what story to read and then decide who reads what part then we can organise times for reading session, perhaps on skype for those of us who have it. Finding time to read is probably going to be the trickiest part of the project so if we can't all read together at once then we could do separate readings.

The very last thing is getting everything on YT.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
That sounds awesome! I'd definitely be interested in reading :D

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I see now that Ducky is talking about collarborative readings. A few people reading a fanfiction together, eahc one getting different characters/parts to read.

I'd be open to that, but I was thinking it'd be more one person reading a fanfiction, and putting it up as pretty much an audio book. Would anyone else like something like that, too? I was wanting to try that.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
That was my original idea but I couldn't deny the chance to offer other people read together form the favourite Fanfictions. If however we are unable to do this RP style reading then I am more then happy to move to individual readings. AS for audio books I was originally hoping to post our readings on YT but an audiobook is perfectly fine with me.