The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask the Characters

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky: Awww, I am not that sweet and kind. My momma is sweeter and kinderer. Yep yep yep!

Ducky, while you're still here, where did you live before you came to the Great Valley?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I lived in the Mysterious Beyond. But you want to know more, huh? Hm. Mom and dad called my hatch place "the Ponds". I know there are ponds everywhere, but you know swimmers. They just go from water to water, and momma told me once that "it would be silly to give each puddle a name". *laughs

Huh? Still not good enough? Oh well. The Ponds were not just any pond. Oh no. Mom and dad visited it many times, before there were any ponds there. It was all a big water. And they did not go alone, but in a really big herd. See, swimmers are the most plentiful kind of dinosaur in the world. And before there were much, much morer of them. My dad said where there were leafs, there were swimmers. Flyers used to say that if you throw a stone into the bush, you will hit a swimmer. And some mean threehorns said that you can be sure the stone hit a swimmer's head if you hear a hollow sound.

My mom told me about the time when she was little. They did not spend much time in the ponds. No, they did not. They spent most of the time in the open. The herd was so big they did not fear other leafeaters or even sharpteeth. When it was hatch time, there were nests as far as the eye could see, each nest full of eggs. There were entire hatchling herds going from nest to nest.

The place they lived in was called the Always New Plain. It was called that way because it was so big that no dinosaur ever saw the whole plain with its eyes. And even if a dinosaur could see it all, it would spend so much time walking that the parts it left would change. And you could never return to the same place you lefted. No, you could not. And that's why places would often change names, like the Ponds I was hatched in. Even in such a big open place, my mommy felt safe. He had her mommy and many, many other swimmers to protect her.

Then sad things started to happen. The Always New Plain became drierer and drierer, and then every part of the herd went its own way. All the swimmers were sad, because nothing hurts a swimmer more than loneliness. We are happy when there are many, many of us together. But there was not enough food, so they had to go. And then scary things started to happen. Sharpteeth started attacking the new tiny herds, and these little herds did not give good protection to the hatchlings.
No, no, no.

My mom and dad were together in one such tiny herd, and being together they became really close. "It's not like a swimmer needs much to fall in love", mom would say. *laughs

The herd went for Big Water, to hide from the sharpteeth in the thick woods, but sadly when they saw it, they had to rename it to Ponds. The woods were still thick, thankfully. And then I was born. And there we lived for a while, safe from sharpteeth, until me and my brothers and sisters grew big enough to run.

Then we moved from water to water. And then one day I was diving in a pond, when the earthshake separated me from my family. The rest you should know, I hope.

Now excuse me, I am very thirsty from all this talking. This is too much even for a bigmouth, it is, it is.

What are your plans for the future, Tria?

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Tria: Oh, nothing much. I'll just do whatever comes to mind.

Cera, I know you think threehorns are the best, but I'd you we're to choose a species to change to, not including threehorns, which would you choose?

^P.S. Ducky can sure tell a story.  :)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Uh...longnecks. Don't tell my father, though.

Petrie's mother, what was your husband's name? (Also, he may not have returned, but don't give up hope. Maybe he's being held prisoner somewhere out there...I don't see how he could be killed so easily since he had the strength of flying from sharpteeth)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mr. Flyer? Petrie's father? You don't seem to be bothered by not knowing my name, so the names I give you are as good as any.

Cera, what got into you when you started singing Imaginary Friend?

Bruton the Iguanodon

God, today I still feel terrible about doing that. I just felt that...if there were a group of hatchlings out there in the future...kids about 2 and under, to whom that godawful song might be pleasent...if there were kids like that somehow watching us sing it...it might not look right if I got away with standing to the side complaining the whole time, and I would suddenly become the enemy. But what are the chances of that? Now I really wish I hadn't sung.  :(

Elsie...I'm right in thinking you don't have a crush on Littlefoot's grandpa...am I? :unsure:

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Elsie: No... I was just giving a compliment, that's all.

Littlefoot, do you want a sibling? If so, would you want a brother or a sister?

Bruton the Iguanodon

I know I once said I wanted a brother, but really, I'd be fine with either.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Cera, do you want a brother, since all you really have now is a half-sister?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Maybe...and that's not really true that all I have now is Tricia. My sisters live in another part of the valley with my mom, who divorced my dad. He gave me the option of going to live with them, but declined since I'm closer to him and didn't want him to be lonely. But really, I started thinking about that option once he started going out with Tria...and then again when they had Tricia.

Spike, you apparently oly see in purple, yet you could tell the nightflowers are gold...what happened to you to cause you to see only in purple?

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky: Spike says he can see different shades of purple which can help him tell the different colors, yep yep yep!
Spike: Mm-hmm.

Petrie, what's so good about being a flyer, other than you can... Err... Fly?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Being a flyer is me pride and joy! Me have advantage over friends with it (no offense  ;) ) and it's so much fun, and sooooo useful at times!   :D  Me wish me could teach you to flyyyyy...aaahhhhyyyy....aahhhyyy!!!!!

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper, how did you learn the leafeater tongue?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Chomper: Well, ever since I was with Little Foot and the others for the first few days of my life, I've been listening and intpretating what they say and just learn it that way. It's not too different than the way my parents talk...but yeah, it's pretty neat to know how to speak both plant eater and meat eater.

Petrie: Do you believe in magic?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Maybe...me suddenly change color once, so who knows?

Tria, what type of dinosaur is your friend Mrs. Twoped?

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Tria: Ummm... A twoped, I guess?

Petrie, do you want a dad, because some dinos can feel sad without a father, especially the boys.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Okay, since Bruton forgot to ask a question...again,  :rolleyes:  :p  :lol I'll ask a question.

Pterano, did you have a father? If so, what was he like?
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

Me never knew me father, nor did me brothers and sisters. He never there when we hatched. Whenever we ask Mama she simply change subject. We all curious.

Ducky, where your dad?

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
^Uh... Bruton, she asked for Pterano, not Petrie.  :)

As for your question...
Ducky: Yes, long ago, when I was still a hatchling, yep yep yep. But there was one day where he went to drink some water and then he disappeared.