The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I think this "uncut version" obsession

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
well, about Pudleiner:
https://www.blogger.com/profile/11625936782072187091

there's contact via Email button or something like that (here I see only Russian text XD)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah okay I checked out his blog and we could get in touch with him if he's not too busy

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask him if he wishes to share more about the production of the first Land Before Time. But before that it would be a good idea to think what we would like to know and if he knows if we can contact the animators from the film. Who knows if he can share the contact info of some of his old colleagues.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah there's no reason to ask him at all if he feels up to it. This is great information that we found right here;

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Sovereign,Jun 12 2017 on  10:39 AM
I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask him if he wishes to share more about the production of the first Land Before Time. But before that it would be a good idea to think what we would like to know and if he knows if we can contact the animators from the film. Who knows if he can share the contact info of some of his old colleagues.
Did he help make All Dogs Go to Heaven? We could ask him about that too, even though LBT is the main concern here.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Sovereign,Jun 12 2017 on  06:39 PM
that is what I asked at first place: did someone did it before, and if not - let's do this and prepare full complex letter. And maybe creating a new thread for that. :)
6/14
0/26

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was just about to say that. Who wants to make it?

EDIT: Snik, you reached 1,000 posts!
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if a really long letter is the right way. Maybe we should tell who we are and whether he knows anything about the scenes or his colleagues. Nothing too complex, just a normal post that shows how much we would appreciate any piece of knowledge he has.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, yes, let's do it. I'll make a topic about this.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The Cut Footage is akin to a holy grail for fans. Fans are going to want to find it, and possibility that it exists keeps the heart beat of this section of the Forums alive. I understand that you want to re-focus a thread on the actual film we all know and love, but the best thing to do is not critique the Cut Footage Treasure Hunters, but to start a thread solely about the Original Film as is, without mentioning the cut footage, otherwise you will merely find yourself talking about the cut footage anyway.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just wanted to say that if Pudleiner won't be able to provide us with more information, I'd say Dick Zondag, one of the directing animators, could be a good next choice. He has put his email address on his homepage.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Quote from: Sovereign,Jun 25 2017 on  03:21 PM
I just wanted to say that if Pudleiner won't be able to provide us with more information, I'd say Dick Zondag, one of the directing animators, could be a good next choice. He has put his email address on his homepage.
Can we all contact him or would it be better if just one person tried?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not monopolizing this but I doubt a wave of similar questions would be too good an idea. If someone else wishes to contact Zondag, though, that's alright.  :)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Jun 25 2017 on  03:36 PM
I'm not monopolizing this but I doubt a wave of similar questions would be too good an idea. If someone else wishes to contact Zondag, though, that's alright.  :)
Nono, I completely agree with you.

I may attempt it as well, but not immediately :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 25 2017 on  03:40 PM
Yes let's bombard him with emails until he tells us
No! Do not do that. They'll simply get annoyed and ignore you.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Jun 25 2017 on  03:45 PM
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 25 2017 on  03:40 PM
Yes let's bombard him with emails until he tells us
No! Do not do that. They'll simply get annoyed and ignore you.
Yeah, that's quite the awful plan and it might make him ignore any further e-mails regarding the subject :/

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I HOPE ADfan joked.

and I agree, if we have a chance to contact someone's else about LBT, we should use this chance. But with no hurry, and let somebody else (not me, because I'm bad in composing serious letters) write and send it. :)
6/14
0/26