The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
YAY that is awesome that we've got a internet meme on the site now.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After watching a few episodes, I've personally felt that the show is not bad, but I'm just not getting into it.

I mean, I think the voice actors do a good job and the songs aren't bad, but in my personal opinion, the humor, which would be one of the major reasons for me watching this, can be hit and miss.

Now, the only aspect of the show I flat-out dislike, and this viewpoint is probably not shared amongst a lot of the "bronies" here, is....Pinkie Pie. I'm gonna be honest, I can't stand her. I mean, at first her "cute randomness/eccentric personality" was amusing at first, but it wasn't long before she just got on my nerves. That one episode with the "Pinkie sense" or whatever really ticked me off. I mean, I think the reason why I feel a char like Ralph Wiggum from the Simpsons or Izzy from TDI works is because their roles aren't so major.

So, I'm not exactly going to be joining the herd anytime soon, but hey, if you like the show, I'm not complaining. More power to you.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Aug 11 2011 on  07:59 AM
I look at this and wonder why diamond tiara has fans.

Whenever I get that question in my head, I just think, "Well, even 'The Devil' has fans, so who am I to argue?"

So yeah, if even the worst among us can have fans, why not a 81t(h like Diamond Tiara?

And yeah, as you can tell, I hate Diamond Tiara too. :)

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Aug 11 2011 on  05:26 AM

They will soon enough... and then we'll be one step closer to...

COMPLETE

GLOBAL

BRONIFICATION.

:lol :lol

Soon enough, EVERYONE SHALL BE BRONIES!

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^Ok....you guys are starting to take this a little too seriously.  :blink:

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: brekclub85,Aug 11 2011 on  07:23 PM
^Ok....you guys are starting to take this a little too seriously.  :blink:
You honestly think we're taking this seriously?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I actually hated Pinkie Pie in the beginning.  But so long as you realize that just as the other characters say.....Pinkie Pie is just being Pinkie Pie, you can accept it.  But that's really the only reasonable explanation.  She's just on rainbow colored crack all the time.  Add the 350 cupcakes she eats every day and it's not to difficult to imagine how much worse she could be.  Though she absolutely lost it in episode 25.  It almost gave me nightmares. :smile

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 11 2011 on  02:49 PM
I actually hated Pinkie Pie in the beginning.  But so long as you realize that just as the other characters say.....Pinkie Pie is just being Pinkie Pie, you can accept it.  But that's really the only reasonable explanation.  She's just on rainbow colored crack all the time.  Add the 350 cupcakes she eats every day and it's not to difficult to imagine how much worse she could be.  Though she absolutely lost it in episode 25.  It almost gave me nightmares. :smile
I understand that it's a case of a character being herself, but she really didn't grow on me.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I liked how they sung Katy Perry's California Girls song and sang it in there own version.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Aug 11 2011 on  04:53 PM
I liked how they sung Katy Perry's California Girls song and sang it in there own version.
You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsG5pqP1Iu0...ex=9&playnext=8

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I liked how they sung a sexual song and tried to make it clean but it kinda failed.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Failed? You call Hasbro giving a shoutout to BRONIES and DJ-PON3 "failed"??

Son, I am disappoint. :p

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
LOL You know how dirty that song is by Katy Perry. It's still a great song. I'm gonna have myself a My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Marathon soon. I'm already at Episode2.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
a MLP: FIM marathon, sounds like a good idea.  I may do that someday soon.   Though there are some episodes I don't like and haven't watched a 2nd time, most of them I do like.  

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah some aren't good but some are great. I'm now on episodes four or five.