The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's a link to my fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7268916/1/My_L...nknown_Creature I'm working on correcting the errors and warn that there is some swearing.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That is very awesome that you made a fan fiction Ace. I will read it when I'm less tired. Did you like the videos I posted ace?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Aug 12 2011 on  11:35 PM
That is very awesome that you made a fan fiction Ace. I will read it when I'm less tired. Did you like the videos I posted ace?
http://www.repeatmyvids.com/watch?v=K0QHw7...g&kmdom=youtube

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome I will post  more later and I will ready yout fanfic also.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: brekclub85,Aug 11 2011 on  10:17 AM
After watching a few episodes, I've personally felt that the show is not bad, but I'm just not getting into it.

I mean, I think the voice actors do a good job and the songs aren't bad, but in my personal opinion, the humor, which would be one of the major reasons for me watching this, can be hit and miss.

Now, the only aspect of the show I flat-out dislike, and this viewpoint is probably not shared amongst a lot of the "bronies" here, is....Pinkie Pie. I'm gonna be honest, I can't stand her. I mean, at first her "cute randomness/eccentric personality" was amusing at first, but it wasn't long before she just got on my nerves. That one episode with the "Pinkie sense" or whatever really ticked me off. I mean, I think the reason why I feel a char like Ralph Wiggum from the Simpsons or Izzy from TDI works is because their roles aren't so major.

So, I'm not exactly going to be joining the herd anytime soon, but hey, if you like the show, I'm not complaining. More power to you.
If you haven't I suggest giving Episode 25 a watch (Or a rewatch)

Oh Pinkie Pie, you are so random  :rolleyes:

Oh, and probably, the reason why the humor is Hit-and-Miss for you is because it is very reminiscent of old cartoon physics (Like the Loony Toons). Today, many cartoons go for a realistic approach to physics, but in the Ponyverse, they revert back to the classic cartoon physics, which some people can and can't stand.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah just give the show another shot. I'm sure you will like it. It takes some time to get use to it. I did and now I love the show. And the humor takes time to get use to. It's pretty good humor./

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I really love the comic strips you posted. They where really funny.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Funny comic strips, thanks for posting the links to them here.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That was a great video you posted right there. And The Room was a horrible movie.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Aug 14 2011 on  01:09 AM
That was a great video you posted right there. And The Room was a horrible movie.
Quite a few of us learned that from NC. :)

Anyways, here's a little fanfiction I found on DeviantART that centers around Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo.

Scooting Along

It also has a great lesson in it that would work great for the show.  Not to mention a little tidbit that is quite amusing. :D

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I read the story that you posted ans I liked it a lot. And it had a great meaning behind it.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Aug 14 2011 on  10:37 AM
My Little Pony FiM the Room trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4BGjafCLjo
What a story mark.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
It was a very fun and great trailer. If there was a The Room My Little Pony Version I'd so watch it.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd actually would love to see this show turn into a movie someday. Would any of you watch it? I would. I kinda liked the old 1980's My Little Ponies Movie. Hope one day this turns into a movie.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
I have been infected with that show, thanks to petrie85.  :lol

But, yeah I'm getting used to this show, it's kinda girly though. But the first post on this thread cleared it up. As you can see from my avatar, it's fluttershy.  :lol