The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
A wonderful music video you posted there Serris. It fits Rainbow Dash perfectly. Nice find.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very funny indeed.  When I saw the parisprites the first thought I had was if the writers had watched the tribbles episode of star trek and guessing some of them had.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I just signed up on Deviantart just so I can read that gritty MLP fan fic A Dark Sky. Unfortunately, this sort of pisses me off because I can't f---ing draw!

So far, I am REALLY A Dark Sky. Granted, I yet have to find a dark fic I hate.

On a side note, I have some MLP art that is in my head and perfectly visualized but as I said, I can't f---ing draw!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^There is a way to get around that problem.  There is a section on the forum where you can request a piece of art to be made for you.  There are people on DeviantART who are more than willing to take requests and do the work for those who can't do what they want.  In fact, some people on DeviantART are SO dedicated to taking requests that they have made an account just for that purpose.

Also, don't be shy about asking for a request at one of the many MLP Groups that are around.  There's plenty of people willing to take requests within those groups.

Just post your request and see what happens. :)

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/18/...for-resistance/

Just because they aren’t modified with some fancy alien technology doesn’t mean they won’t plow through the Chimera faster than Rainbow Dash can clear the skies of Ponyville.

I LOVE YOU, SONY.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm gonna be honest.....like I said before, I don't hate the show, I just don't personally find it to be anything that special.

The concept I mentioned in an earlier post, about someone being put-off  by the overdose of ponies on the internet....I'm one of them ok?

Honestly, because it seemed to me that so many fans were treating the show like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread kinda of irked me. It got me more annoyed than intrigued, and after I watched a couple episodes, I still really can't get why it's an internet phenomenon.

And don't post any pictures saying "You will be in the herd soon enough" with an image of any of the ponies. I'm sorry, but I just find that to be getting obnoxious.

And let me repeat, I have nothing against the show or it fans, I just wanted to express my honest opinion.

....and this is the first post that I've made that I'm anticipating getting some hate mail for.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: brekclub85,Aug 19 2011 on  11:37 AM
....and this is the first post that I've made that I'm anticipating getting some hate mail for.
Post that on any other site with FiM material such as YouTube and you'll definitely be getting some hate mail  ;)
I already have, just by saying that the show "doesn't catch my interest." Those die-hard bronies jumped at the first chance calling me a few not so nice names, that I was just being a troll, which I never do :blink: I gave my honest review.
I watched the first 3 episodes and I found nothing negative to say about the show, but also nothing positive about the show. As I stated, it just doesn't catch my interest.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well you have to remember that no matter how good a show actually is, there are going to be TONS of people that don't like it for one reason or another.  I just found it amazing that MLP:FiM has grown in popularity so quickly.  It's definitely more popular than LBT, and LBT has been around for 20+ years while MLP:FiM is less than a year old!  I wouldn't be surprised if this show has gained in popularity more quickly than Star Wars.  I understand the fanbase isn't nearly as big, but it's become extremely popular in less time than it took for Star Wars to become popular like that.  It makes you wonder how we'll regard this show in 20 years and how many fans it will retain.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I've officially made NFS Most Wanted 20% cooler. (texture modding FTW)

I would SO TOTALLY do this if I had a Lamborghini IRL. :DD

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: brekclub85,Aug 19 2011 on  04:37 PM
I'm gonna be honest.....like I said before, I don't hate the show, I just don't personally find it to be anything that special.

The concept I mentioned in an earlier post, about someone being put-off  by the overdose of ponies on the internet....I'm one of them ok?

Honestly, because it seemed to me that so many fans were treating the show like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread kinda of irked me. It got me more annoyed than intrigued, and after I watched a couple episodes, I still really can't get why it's an internet phenomenon.

And don't post any pictures saying "You will be in the herd soon enough" with an image of any of the ponies. I'm sorry, but I just find that to be getting obnoxious.

And let me repeat, I have nothing against the show or it fans, I just wanted to express my honest opinion.

Yeah, lucky for you, most people on this site tend to be very understanding and tolerant of different views.

Just as long as you don't flat out hate the show for no reason, it's totally justified to say that you don't really care for the show.

I think the reason that the show took off on the net was all thanks to the channers and /b/tards. My guess is a few /b/tards saw the show, told /b/ all about it, and the whole thing snowballed from there. If something goes on /b/, you can be pretty certain it'll evolve into a meme or movement eventually. That's exactly how  Rick-rolling came about.

But I have to agree, the whole ponymania that's gripping the net is a bit overwhelming. I mean, I can't deny, I love the show; I think it's worthy of qualifying for one of the best cartoons of the 21st century. But the fanbase and the memetic mutations are getting a bit ridiculous.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,Aug 19 2011 on  03:03 PM

I think the reason that the show took off on the net was all thanks to the channers and /b/tards. My guess is a few /b/tards saw the show, told /b/ all about it, and the whole thing snowballed from there. If something goes on /b/, you can be pretty certain it'll evolve into a meme or movement eventually. That's exactly how  Rick-rolling came about.

Know Your Meme on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

This video should explain the roots of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic for anyone wondering.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I like the pictures a lot that where posted. And they're doing something right to get 20+ year old's watching and liking the songs and show,.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Aug 19 2011 on  11:46 AM

Post that on any other site with FiM material such as YouTube and you'll definitely be getting some hate mail  ;)

Am I the only one who enjoys the irony of people getting pissed and hate-filled toward people who don't like a certain show, then that certain show's message is supposed to be a peaceful and happy one?

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Never expect perfectness on following the 'rules' from such a big fandom like this one