The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My favorite is Rainbow Dash.  I don't want to go into why, because I'd be here for hours then. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
^Sorry but that picture just looks wrong.  Having them all drawn in old style MLP I mean.  I didn't like the style then and I certainly don't like it now.  

Now as for my favorite character, it's a really hard choice.  All of the main six have such distinct personalities.  But I must admit, I'm starting to like Applejack more and more.  She's tough, hard working, and extremely cute (please don't read too much into that) despite being so......disheveled most of the time and not caring about her looks.

Actually, now that I think about it more, I realize she's not just cute.  She's beautiful.  Not in the way she dresses right now and how she doesn't care about her looks, but the kind of beauty that's underneath all of that.  All prettied up, she could really pull off an expensive dress and live in high society.  It's even hinted at that in one of the episodes.  But what makes her so alluring to me is the fact that despite her potential in that matter, she's more than happy to have a good days work on the farm and cares more about things like her relationships with her friends than looks and other BS that doesn't matter nearly as much.  

THIS is why I like MLP:FiM.  The characters actually have depth and have a lot of thought put into them.  Applejack isn't just some stereotypical hic workhorse like she appears to be on the outside.  None of the characters are anywhere near as shallow as they appear to be at first glance.  It's both surprising and refreshing to have this quality of characters ANYWHERE nowadays, especially in a show aimed at little kids.  That's why I think MLP:FiM is so popular among older audiences.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah this show has something for everyone. Even for adults to like.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Sep 9 2011 on  09:42 AM
^Sorry but that picture just looks wrong.  Having them all drawn in old style MLP I mean.  I didn't like the style then and I certainly don't like it now.
The artist probably didn't think he/she could draw FiM style well, so they stuck with a style they felt they could pull off.

Not sure if that's really supposed to be old school MLP style or if it's just the artist's style.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's still a good drawing. Better than I can do. I don't like to make fun or judge other peoples work. And a little question pops in my head could you do Better?

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Sep 9 2011 on  03:26 AM
I have a question for everypony here. Which pony are you most like?
Ooh, now that is a tough choice. Honestly, I like them all pretty equally:

Rainbow Dash- I was really glad when I saw that they provided a tomboy character for the show, which definitely helped its appeal (Seriously, did the franchise EVER have a tomboy character before?). Her attitude just appeals to me. She's got the whole semi-punk thing going too, I like that. Plus, maybe it's her shorter mane or something, but I just find her better looking than the others.
Not to mention, she brought the Sonic Rainboom, which is probably one of the most visually spectacular things I've seen in a cartoon for a long time.

Applejack- Not quite as tomboyish as Dash, but she still has the whole gender neutrality thing going on, I like that. She's another relatively uncommon female-character, the country-gal, which is good to see.

Pinkie Pie- Her sheer bizarreness is what appeals to me. Every little thing she does is funny and entertaining to watch. Plus, she kind of has that whole free spirit thing going on, like how she'll just sing to herself as she walks along, or entertaining herself by rolling around in the playground. It's just so cute.

Rarity- Originally, I didn't really like her that much. At first, she seemed like she was just the classic vain fashionista girl-stereotype character. But as I watched her more and more, I realised that she was honestly more of a parody of such characters, and that made her more appealing.

Fluttershy- What do I have to say? You just look at her and your heart melts. Her colour scheme, her blinding-bangs hair, her big eyes, her gentle little voice. Her personality is pretty cute too, with her timid nature, her love of animals... and of course, her occasional lapse in gentleness, which are hilarious to watch.

Twilight Sparkle- Well, she's the main protagonist, and she does it pretty well. It's good that, even though she's amazing at magic, she still has flaws. Her personality is pleasant, she has her cute moments, and her magic is pretty impressive.

One thing I do wonder about is the ages of the mane cast. All I know is that Fluttershy is a year older than Pinkie, but nothing else.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I like Apple Jack because she is a really hard worker and is a dedicated pony that always helps the other ponies. But she is very stubborn witch is the only down side.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Sep 9 2011 on  09:42 PM
^Sorry but that picture just looks wrong.  Having them all drawn in old style MLP I mean.  I didn't like the style then and I certainly don't like it now.
I don't think that's how G1 characters are drawn... it's more like the artist tried to draw the ponies as what real ponies look like in real life. :p

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
I love fluttershy.... since she's so cute and well, shy.  :smile kinda like me, I'm kinda shy too like her. Oh, and she cares for small animals, so do I.  :DD

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm...
Which pony am I most like?
That's tough to say.  
I'd have to say that I'm most like a combination of Twilight and Rainbow Dash, with a small touch of Rarity and Applejack thrown in.

I've got Twilight's bookishness, asocial tendencies, and weird desire to understand everything that happens to me, with Rainbow Dash's impulsive nature, love for going fast, and tendency to slack off and take naps.  I'm like Rarity in my slightly prissy love for personal grooming, and like Applejack in my tendency to be extremely stubborn and hard-working.

So, yeah.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
And she or he did a awesome job with the drawing. I loved the colors they used and the way it's drawn.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Oddly enough, I have a little of Applejack as well.

My house is a "pseudo-farm" (sizable garden, ~20 or so fruit trees) and in the summer and fall, I usually end up assisting in the harvest.

Speaking of harvest, I have to head back in two weeks (and in mid to late October) to help out.

On a side note:

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I like the picture you posted there Serris. It would be a cool movie.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
LOL! I think my school got 20% cooler! XDDD

Click for larger view~

It was taken at my schools front entrance. I was surprised and shocked to see something like that when I thought nothing exciting will happen today.  :blink:
There are bronies in my school and I have to find them! :o The pony craze now reached Vienna too~  :lol:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Where your teachers okay with this Sky? And your school has been Ponyfied.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
^I dunno. If they had something against it, they would have taken it down already.
And yeah, my school is now a place for bronies. XDDDDD

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah that is awesome that they allowed it. And that there are now brony fans in your school. And 8 days until season 2 starts.