The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://titanosaur.deviantart.com/
a new, well okay I did it some time ago, but... heres a pic of Nightmare Moon I drew.

I got inspired by alot of stuff, but what REALY inspired be was a poster for Godzilla vs Destroyah http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/6/5768/heisei_1995.jpg (Destroyah at the bottem crouching). I wanted to give NMM the look of pure evil, giving her chared black coat and giving her wings a skeletal look.

mind you, I'm not trying to turn the show into some demented version of what it is I'm not wanting to do that at all I just drew this out of pure fun and also to give my own personal touches to something so awsome and so popular while keeping it recognisable. I may do a fanfic but Idk I'm not the best with stories and my ideas are just plain stupid, so I doubt anybody will even read the blasted thing.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hear you on that Land. I hated every single one of those versions of My Little Pony. What horrible pieces of crap they where. I only watched them back than out of boredem and since there was nothing else on during those times. God they where painful to site through back than.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I bet all of you agree that all the old versions of My Little Pony sucked so much.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've always really liked this image.  I'm not sure why.

And this.

Can't resist MLP + Computer related images. :lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Petrie85,Sep 14 2011 on  06:22 AM
I bet all of you agree that all the old versions of My Little Pony sucked so much.
Not really. The Friendly Sharptooth clearly stated he believes the older MLP was better (and gave reasons why). I also have a friend of mine who also prefers the older MLP. And I won't be surprised if there's a lot of people who do. While I prefer Friendship Is Magic and am not fond of most older MLP stuff, I don't really believe it sucked. Yeah I think some of it was bad, but that doesn't translate to "this sucks"; it just means I didn't like it.

Yes, my friend has watched MLP:FiM Is Magic, and yes she likes it. But she likes the older MLP more, stating it was awesome and had a lot of variety when it came to villains (new one every week).

After watching that video of bronies commenting on that old 2003 MLP movie, I am tempted to rewatch the older MLP, including an old favorite of mine, My Little Pony Tales. I don't have plans to watch some of the more recent MLP though (minus FiM of course). There's one version just before FiM which had pretty darn creepy designs, with huge heads, huge legs, and tiny bodies.  :blink:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
If you ask me, villains aren't what make a good story.  There are plenty of other ways to induce conflict other than throwing some evil character in there that's just "evil" for no reason.  That's one of the reasons I like FiM.  Sure it was nice to have Nightmare Moon, but if that had been all the series was about, I would have lost interest about 20 episodes ago.  Sometimes it's nice to have a story that just unfolds and throws up small challenges that one would face in everyday life.  Just like you don't need a superhero in every show, you don't need a super villain either.  

*Though if there was a superhero in FiM, it would be Rainbow Dash for sure.  

*Whispers*  Rainbow Dash is the best pony.  *Whispers*

EDIT:  Confusing word choice/grammar corrected.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There were actually more reasons why my friend prefers the older MLP. The villains thing was just one of them, and was the only one I could remember at this time.

With villains, I do agree that villains aren't necessary, but they can make a story more interesting and add more drama. FiM doesn't have villains (unless you count Nightmare Moon as one, and maybe Discord), but it does have antagonists (such as Gilda, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon) which help create a conflict and interesting story. And some of the episodes didn't have obvious antagonists, like the episode with Zecora. In that episode, the antagonist(s) were, in my opinion, Twilight's friends, as they were the ones who kept pressuring Twilight into believing Zecora was a witch until she finally gave in.

Antagonists don't need to be evil or destructive. They just need to create conflict in some shape or form, and they can be one of the good guys, one of the opposition, themselves, nature, etc.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
It wasn't good it was horrible I watched it back in the day like I said out of be curious and I was like what crap is this just no this new series is a lot better than that crap Any one that likes that has  real issue's Kidding if anyone likes it than that is there choice. Those older ones destroyed everything about that series. Friendship Is Magic is one hundred times better. There is no idiot kids in this witch killed the older series and I don't feel ashamed of watching this. The others I was very ashamed of watching this crap. The My Little Pony Tales god no just no I liked the theme song some some reason back than. Now it sucks to me. But now I know after all this bashing without The old pieces of crap that there wouldn't be what we have today. I know that. Okay I'm done bashing now.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Some people just prefer the older MLP. There's nothing really wrong with that. I prefer FiM. My friend prefers older MLP (not sure which series). But we get along just fine on the topic of MLP. Just because someone hates the older MLP doesn't mean no one else is allowed to like it, and the same can be said about hating FiM (that it doesn't mean no one can like it).

Yeah there are people who think the older MLP sucked, but there are also people who think it was good. It's impossible to really say which opinion has the most people supporting it, but I don't really see a reason why anyone would want to find that out. It's just a matter of opinion and we all aren't going to agree.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

We're waiting for the clock to strike seventeen!
When it strikes seventeen; we'll be free!
Then it's 'Adios' to my old life, I see!
Season 2 is coming finally!

:birthday

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I like the 1st generation. And I'm all for opinions but when you prolong bashing, it get's annoying.  <_<

Everyone keeps mentioning season 2 and it makes me  :bang
I don't have The Hub.  :(
So I have to wait.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Sep 14 2011 on  08:20 AM
I like the 1st generation. And I'm all for opinions but when you prolong bashing, it get's annoying.  <_<

Everyone keeps mentioning season 2 and it makes me  :bang
I don't have The Hub.  :(
So I have to wait.
Actually, rips from the HUB come onto YouTube in a time slot of 24-48 Hours. True, the quality is that of 360p or 480p, but you still get to see it. Then probably a week or 2 in, a 720p and 1080p rip will go onto YouTube.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Lucky for me I have the hub. And don't worry Justin you can watch season2 on YouTube. That is where I watched season1.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Bongo,Sep 14 2011 on  03:45 AM
OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSHOH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH *wingboner*

TGWTG Finally made a video on Ponies! True, it isn't NC, but it is still about ponies and from TGWTG.com!

WOOHOO
Actually, there is one reviewer named Tezzle, who does reviews for TGwTG.com (thouGh I don't think he's an official critic), who did review FiM:

Here it is You'll be glad to know, its a highly positive review, with even him being surprised at how good it is.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Sep 14 2011 on  08:20 AM
Everyone keeps mentioning season 2 and it makes me  :bang
I don't have The Hub.  :(
So I have to wait.
Equestria Daily did live streams for season 1. Someone who had The Hub was nice enough to stream eps for those who didn't have the channel. I'm sure they'll do the same for season 2.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Lets not forget the first movie from the mid 80s with a young Spike.  :D

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link but I will wait 3 1/2 days until the show comes out.