The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Trivia Game

Petrie · 774 · 110507

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Loofah gets you zero pictures, since a loofah is also a plant-like sponge. However, his counterpart, Doofah, is the answer I was looking for. She gets nine Image hits, eight of which are the front cover of LBT 13, which she appears on.

For great perseverance, Lillefot, it's now your turn!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jun 26 2008 on  01:51 PM
Loofah gets you zero pictures, since a loofah is also a plant-like sponge. However, his counterpart, Doofah, is the answer I was looking for. She gets nine Image hits, eight of which are the front cover of LBT 13, which she appears on.

For great perseverance, Lillefot, it's now your turn!

I can swear I could get 11 out of Loo...Doo... whatever...  :blink:

Well, now we know that!
Fun to search for inforamtion.  :^.^:

Okey dokey artic hockey, now I guess have to figure another one out.  :lol:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'll restart this game.

Which sequel does Ducky say that she has an aunt that sleep swims?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This looks fun.  May I join?

It's LBT XII: The Great Day of the Flyers :yes

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yay!

In which sequel does Ducky say the following:  "Eww!  I cannot swim in this!  No, no, no!"?

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
LBT II - In the sinking sands?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I feel a bit awkward with where I'm going with this post. I just found this section today so I haven't answered anything. So without an okay from any authority that I can just ask a question of my own for free, I can't, as it would be unfair to the one who has actually earned the right to ask. But by looking at dates, I noticed that this topic has been left alone for over a month before. But surely people still like to check this section out, so I'll try to say something to keep others occupied until this section officially resumes. So since it wouldn't be fair for me ask something, maybe I can hold your interest by giving an answer and until this gets really popular again and the next person asks an official question, perhaps you can try to figure out which question would have had to have been asked for my answer to fit. Here is my answer as if a real question had actually been asked:

Wow, good question! I'm pretty sure I know one movie that fits this, but since you want two, let me check my facts again to make sure about another, although someone will probably beat me to it.

All right, I got back just in time! No one else responded yet so I can still answer. Here are two movies that fit the criteria that was asked. The Land Before Time IX: Journey to Big Water is one. One character does it to Littlefoot three times for sure. The first two times it happens, it involves all five characters, not just Littlefoot. But the same character does it to only Littlefoot toward the very end. The second movie it happens in is The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock. One character works alone to do it to Littlefoot twice. The third time it happens, this character works together with another popular character to do it to Littlefoot. I have met the criteria in two movies, though it happens in a variety of circumstances.

Now, try to guess what my question would have been. I'm not cheating anyone out of their rightful turn and I only want to keep this interesting to the fans of this topic who still come here. So when this continues as it was meant to, please ignore this post. New posts can be very far apart here so I'm just being careful, but I know that the long absences that occur from the usuals here are for very good, valid reasons. Limited internet access, busy with scholastic and personal affairs, and/or a heavy work schedule etcetera can keep the most dedicated visitors occupied. As a member here I understand this and I'm trying to contribute what I can while some of the main faces who are normally around this issue are very preoccupied with important issues. I am very sorry if I'm overstepping bounderies in my attempt here and will stop immediately if asked to. I'm just trying to do my part as a member of this community. Later!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Rescues? I remember in LBT 9 Mo warns all of them about the Pliosaur before it eats them, and later in the final battle, I can't quite remember, but Mo does something to save Littlefoot, though I thought he saved the others as well.

And for LBT 6, Doc and the popular Grandpa Longneck rescues him from sharpteeth. But rescuing happens like eight times a movie, so you might be referring to something more specific.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You got it pretty much. The question for my answer was basically, "Name two of the movies where a single character saves, or has help saving, at least Littlefoot three times." In 9, Mo saves the whole gang from the swimming sharptooth twice, then just Littlefoot at the end from drowning. In 6, Doc saves Littlefoot twice be himself, from falling, then from a storm. At the end, Doc and Littlefoot's grandpa work together to fight off the two sharpteeth, saving the whole gang. I knew my question was extremely specific, so if someone got the rescuing theme, I'd give it to them. You got it. Please go ahead at your next convinience.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
There are two Great Valley inhabitants who meet the following criteria:

1. is an adult female
2. has name spoken on screen
3. walks on two legs

Can anyone find both?

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
If there's Great Valley residents ONLY, then...

My guess's on:
Mama Swimmer
Mama Flier (when she doesn't fly)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It depends on whether or not "Mama swimmer" or "Mama flyer" are regarded as names (of course we never ever heard Littlefoot's grandparents being called with any actual name either).

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 21 2009 on  09:57 AM
It depends on whether or not "Mama swimmer" or "Mama flyer" are regarded as names (of course we never ever heard Littlefoot's grandparents being called with any actual name either).
Yeah, I had that in mind. But I can't figure anyone else out. Except for Doofah, but she's no GV resident...

Well, we'll see!  :lol:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I hope you think I'd make the question a little tougher than that!

I don't think those are their actual names. The names I'm thinking of are indisputably surnames.

Another clue: Both have only one other character they've been seen or heard interacting with.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
In that case, I'm stuck for now. Looking forward to the answer, if someone can figure it out.  :)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Another hint, maybe? They're both one-movie characters (indeed, one scene characters), and both have their own trivia question somewhere in this thread.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Mrs. Maia (LBT 6) and Mrs. Tubehead (LBT 12)? I'm afraid I got the first one wrong though as she is not likely to walk on two legs. In case of Mrs. Tubehead we can only guess as she was never identified on screen.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Both right, Malte. I count Mrs. Maia since she used one of her appendages as a hand (to throw Ducky), and so apparently has two hands and two legs. Mrs. Tubehead, according  to the subtitles of Tria's line, is actually Mrs. Twoped, which directly means "walks on two legs."

Both iffy, but defendable. Your turn, Malte.