The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Public Enemies

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here is the plot. Set during the Depression-era's great crime wave, the story of the government's attempt to stop legendary criminals John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd. This operation transformed the FBI into the first federal police force from the powerless agency it once was.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just got back from it and it was a good movie. From a historians view it was horrible! First the battle of little bohemia was a complete disaster for the FBI yet the movie shows it as a sucess. there are so many innacuracies it is mind boggleing. That's not all but it show teenagers firing at the dillenger gang with bolt action rifles! Are you serrious?! How would they get the president to agree with that? In the end it's a great thriller, but not that accurate of a movie. I do recommend seeing it. That's about all I have to say about this movie.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Funny fact: in russian translation the movie is called "Johny D." which can be taken both as Johny Dillinger or Johnny Depp. :)

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
in russian translation the movie is called "Johny D." which can be taken both as Johny Dillinger or Johnny Depp
Indeed funny wordplay.

many innacuracies it is mind boggleing
What did you expect? Most directors don't like sticking to the real thing. Thinks it's too boring. However, I'm going to see it, but rather because I think it's a great movie, but if I won't info on the real story, I'll look it up on Wiki.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I saw it like the day it came out, so I can't remember every detail, but personally I was expecting it to be a little better. Not enough bank-robbing action. Too much of everyone sitting around. Was still decent though.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I liked this. It made John Dillenger out to be a tragic hero of sorts. It didn't deserve an R rating, though.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
And the film made the villains look like the good guys. This is why I hate gangster films. They only glorify a lifestyle that was anything but worth glorifying.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think it glorified the gangster lifestyle. I think it did a good job of showing how it seems to pay off at first, but will eventually ruin you.