The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Have I saved Dink, the Little Dinosaur?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Some months ago, I made the promise to do what I could to save Dink, the Little Dinosaur from the terrible, terrible place where it ended up, which I shall never speak of.  What I went through, no one should go through.

With the help of MediaFire, 4Shared and YouTube, I may have very well saved it from extinction.  I have taken the time to check out all my statistics, and I am impressed.  The following statistics show that people absolutely love it.  To be honest, I think it might have a chance against today's cartoons.

Here are the standings as of this posting.

MediaFire

Total Downloads so far this month: 1180

4Shared

Complete Total Views:  2187

Finally, the YouTube Playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2A528105D9733ECB

(Nearly 71,000 views in 9 months for the first episode alone?  Yikes!)

Wow!  Rather obvious how much this is loved.  To be honest, it went beyond my expectations.

Maybe we should flood Hanna-Barbara's inbox asking them to bring it back to more local channels?  Wouldn't hurt, right? ;)

It's obvious this thing isn't going down without a fight.  Still though, do you guys think I've saved it from what could have been it's ultimate extinction?

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 For your question, I say yes, you have done an amazing job helping keeping that serie alive :DD , so thank you for that, because to find an episode of Dink was very hard and very rare to find.
 I am also very amazed that you have that many views for Dink.
 And about more local stations re-airing Dink, well, who knows? but if it is difficult to be re-aired there, imagine how hard would be to convince the tv channels around here... because chilean tv is NOT what it used to be... oh well, I miss the spanish voices.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
I recall in my childhood, how I would sometimes get up, extremely early in the weekend, just to watch an episode of that serie... that was the good old days :p

Anyway, I'm wondering why, some of the old cartoon series ain't just shown again, instead of making new series, that, I personally think, is sometimes quit annyoing.

because chilean tv is NOT what it used to be
Definitatly agreen with you

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
At least there are some avenues to get older cartoons, even if they are getting them off of youtube and other sources, that is better then not at all.  I'm sure many folks are happy to be able to get Dink and get to see it again.  I know I was.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I call that a 'yes' to your question. Well done pokerplayer, and now that I know you have Dink on YouTube, I'm heading there right now.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf