The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Would it be wise to...

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
...start a discussion thread about your stories? I've wanted to start one for Always the Same Sun so I can explain why my chapters are taking so long or something like that, but I'm just not sure about it.

Would it make sense if I did?
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I guess you mind as well talk about in this thread, since you started it :b

Is it for the same reason as I'm putting PAST-O-RAMA on old? To read and review other people's fics for the Fanfiction Awards?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
So I can explain what's going on in my writing such as how I'm doing on it or if I'm stuck or if I need to put my stories on hold or sumthin like that.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Like I said. You've already started this thread, so mind as well put it to use.
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
Hmm, this is an interesting question. It would give other members a window into your writting style, as you say, how you write your chapters and why you do it. It would also give people a way of giving you feedback on what you could improve. However, these questions and such, should already be adressed in the threat with the specific fanfiction.
An example would be the threat "THE LAND BEFORE TIME: JOURNEY TO A NEW WORLD" where one chapter is published at a time, and then reviewed. The review gives you feedback, and you choose wether you want to reply and explain why you did some things, or just nod and agree. It should also be in these threats that you explain things, because, when people read your explanations, then they would (theoretically) have already read your chapters, and then they would be able to formulate proper answers or new questions.

Having a seperate threat about this, would 1) only take up space and 2) be confusing to the peolpe who haven't read your fanfiction and 3) be unnecessary. Personally, I wouldn't recommend having a threat like this.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Hmm...now that you mention it, Vilstrup, you're right. I can explain these things when I type the chapters. So yeah, no discussion thread for my fanfiction.  :lol

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I"ve sort of done that with my fanfiction thread. Explain why I wrote some things the way I did, talk about what parts I had fun writing, where I got ideas from, ect. I would love to do more of that, because I find that kind of stuff interesting about other fictions.

So, yeah, I guess you could just talk about your writing in the same thread you post the chapters in.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Yeah and by the way, Chapter twelve is done. I'll post it tonight for sure!