The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

References to Jurassic Park in LBT

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Universal Studios, the company responsible for LBT, is also famous for another dinosaur franchise, Jurassic Park. Not surprisingly, there are consequently a few winks to JP in LBT. These are the examples I can name:

1) Raptors in LBT3
2) Spinosaurus in the Flyers sequel
3) Someone in one episode of the series shouts something like "Redclaw can't see you if you don't move!"
4) Use of JP sound effects in the series

Can anyone else name more examples?

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: trexmaster,Jun 3 2007 on  02:58 AM
Universal Studios, the company responsible for LBT, is also famous for another dinosaur franchise, Jurassic Park. Not surprisingly, there are consequently a few winks to JP in LBT. These are the examples I can name:

1) Raptors in LBT3
2) Spinosaurus in the Flyers sequel
3) Someone in one episode of the series shouts something like "Redclaw can't see you if you don't move!"

Can anyone else name more examples?
The very vally it self. (remember lbt came first) But the valley it self in jp1 is very much like the great valley in lbt. Best guess is sence the valley in jp1 is infact a real place it is possibly that this real place was used as aid in the creation of the great valley art for lbt.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, that's one that I missed!  Can somebody give an example or two of this?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I could, if I had seen JP.

:lol

I have no idea what you're talking about.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Never seen JP? How can this be? I even read the book, it's much cooler than the movie.
Yes, there are some referencs to JP, which is perfectly normal, the producers have to base the dinos on something don't they? There ae just so many ideas, so they opted for some that have already been used.

One thing I hate is Spinosaurus with long faces like Baryonix, there faceswere flatter, more like a raptor's face.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Jun 4 2007 on  05:55 AM
One thing I hate is Spinosaurus with long faces like Baryonix, there faceswere flatter, more like a raptor's face.
Spinosaurus skull:

Looks very similar to Baryonyx, which was indeed a close relative.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Ok, I apologise for my innacuracy. I haven't been much up to date on the subject, however I remeber when JP 3 came out, many paleontologists were against the skull they used on spinosaurus, I was under the impression they were right since every book I have pictures spinosaurus with a smaller head. Oh well, can't help the times you live in.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

SolarThreehorn

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm sure i herd the jurassic park theme tune in the first 4 seconds of the opening of one of the songs from LBT [not sure which one though] it's on the song "Family" just after ducky says, " I mean, then what is a family anyway" Or is this just a coincidence ??
Listen to it and you will know what i mean

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm very sure I've heard recemblences to the JP theme in LBT, I just gonna figure out exactly where...
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Actually original LBT and JP have many things in common. The name Steven Spielberg in final credits of both movies for example. ;)

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com