The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Netkups

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Netkups

Okay, a cyberlocker with a 1 GB per file limit for free users and it makes a .torrent version of your file if it's over 10MB?  WHAT!? :blink:

Yes, apparently that's what's going on around here.  For anyone curious as to why they chose this route, here's their answer.

“The hybrid model is a win-win situation,”

“In our case, we can save on bandwidth charges and enable a faster growth, while we guarantee that the file is seeded by us as long as it is downloadable. At the same time, users can enjoy the benefits of torrent files and download as many files as they want, using part of our bandwidth and bandwidth from other users.”

I can actually see the benefit of going with such a hybrid.  However, I will admit that it's service is not as good as other cyberlockers I've tried.  For one thing, you can only do 1 file at a time.  On top of it all, there's no built in way to organize your files like there is with other cyberlockers. (ie Mediafire) Still, for what it is, it's good.

I'll set up a test for you all soon.  I just need to figure out which legit file I want you all to test.

For now, see ya later!