The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hot days killing my connection.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ugh!  Summer has not been kind to my family's internet connection this year.  The hot weather keeps kicking us off and it drives me nuts.  I really hate this.

It is indeed our internet connection.  The DSL light on our Qwest connection box flashes every time we lose it.  We try our best to keep the area cool, but it's not helping.  Once it nears triple digits outside, BAM!  It's gone and we have to wait until it gets cooler.  This also kills our phone line and we have to then use our cell phones to talk to others.  It's a real hassle.

Today, I couldn't get on for three whole hours before it started working again.  It's finally cool enough and we can get back on.

However, I am just hating this to the fullest.  I spend SO much time on the net.  I have a hard time living without it.

I can't wait for summer to be over, then we'll have a normal connection again.

Until then, I'll have to keep an eye on the weather.

Just wanted to tell you guys this.  It's really going to kill my internet plans for the summer.

Well, see ya later! (Hopefully. :()

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hot weather killing internet connections?  Never heard of such a thing.  Of course I've lived in mild 60 degree Washington all my "internet" life so why knows?  I hope it's not the heat though.  I have a business and a server to run and it gets really hot here in Minnesota.  I heard 114 was normal for the summer time. :(

But I hope you can get your net working right again.  Hope to see you around.