The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

So, who is my new streaming provider?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I bet you guys have been wondering who the new provider is after having dropped MediaFire for streaming, but still allowing downloading from there. (MediaFire is a wonderful site for downloading.  I'm not dropping it anytime soon. (In all honesty, I think only my untimely death will make me drop it.)) I've been looking at the site I have chosen for quite some time and have thought about it just as long.  After checking all the rules, regulations, tips and such, I finally made the crucial decision to pick it.

Now, I was hesitant because of how strict they are with the rules. (Complete video removal and banishment if you break copyright.) However, I was intrigued by the exceptions. (Commentary, Review, Opinion, Education, etc.) So, I decided to go with it.

My choice is none other than...

Blip

Blip has been around since 2005 and has been allowing others to make such big videos since.  There's plenty who use it.  In fact, just about everyone at ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com uses it, and seeing how those guys do reviews and commentaries, it's really not a problem for me.

What I'll be doing will be completely allowed here.

Of course, there is one tiny little thing, there is a time limit to my videos.

As a New User, I am allowed only 40 minutes per video. (It takes up to 3 times as long as the video time to convert to flash and only up to 2 hours of conversion time is allowed per video.  So do the math.) Pro Users like NC have 2 hours of video time to work with. (They get 6 hours of conversion time.  Wow!)

The sheer length is just one of the few great things about Blip.  On top of this, I actually get paid for my videos due to ad revenue. (Disabling it is optional.) How much I get paid depends on how much I'm viewed. (Note: I'm not going to quit my job just in case this doesn't take off.  It's going to be more of a hobby anyways.)

Not to mention that the streaming service is just great.  It loads within a very good amount of time (for me at least) and is just wonderful in the end.  Only stopping part-way if there's a mid-roll ad included by the creator.

Now remember, this will only be used for the commentaries, informational videos and such that I plan to do.  I don't expect this to do great, but I do plan to have fun with it.

This will expand past The Land Before Time one day, but will still remain a hobby for me.  It's not meant to take over my job.

So yeah, that's the news and I'll see ya guys later! :)