The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Dog passed away

Nick22 · 29 · 3538

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm very sorry for your loss.  When my dog Joey died (it seems like just yesterday even though it's been exactly 1 year, 5 days, 13 hours, and 4 minutes since that fateful moment) it took me a very long time to cope (I was going to say "get over it" but honestly I never did get over it and I don't think I ever will). :( Remember all the good times you had and try to keep them with you.  Through even the short time Joey has been gone, I can feel the memories slipping away.  You had a good 11 years.  Cherish them, always.   :cry

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have seen several of my pets pass away through the years, and it's something you never "get used to".  I have never known a veterinarian who didn't tear up when they put one of my pets to sleep (I've only had one who died of old age at home).  It's a terrible feeling, and it leaves you wondering if there was more you could've done for them.  But, if your pet is suffering and the vet does not give them a good prognosis, it's the best thing to do.

I'm very sorry for your loss.  I'm sure Chloe is in puppy heaven playing with my Max, Molly, T-Bone, and CoCo, and countless other peoples' pets :yes.  I think she would want you to know that and find comfort in the fact that she's now at peace.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thanks guys for all the condolences and kind thoughts. i have a new dog now. hes a 9 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback, named Tuck. hes going to be between 85-100 pounds when hes fully grown. hes very affectionate, loves to play fetch and mess around with the neighborhood dogs. hes a cute one, but hes got big pawprints to fill. but so far, hes been absolutely wonderful. i miss Chloe of course, but i think she would approve of Tuck.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well guys an update is in order. I've had tuck now for almost 3 months and he has really settled in as a member of the family. he loves going for walks, and chasing me around the house, or chewing on his toys as i lie on the coach and watch tv. he sure knows where to go to get spoiled that's for sure.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'm happy you're having fun with Tuck. He sounds like a cute dog  :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am glad to hear that you and your new dog are doing well.   :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glad to hear things are going well with your new dog.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I am also very glad too :) . That's very awesome indeed.