The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Blast from the past

Roady · 20 · 1833

Roady

• The Wayward Dragon
  • Member+
  • Ruby
  • The Wayward Dragon
    • View Profile
I'm not exactly new to this forum.  But I felt it better to create a fresh account.

Given how many years have passed?  It would be nice to reconnect with this community in a way that's more mature and level-headed.  So...Hi everyone. 

Back in the day?  Most of the forum veterans would know me as Tanner, but these days I prefer to be called Roady.  Having grown from a lizard into a big ol' dragon.

Not as hardcore of an LBT fan as I used to be, but I'll still be around some.  Chillin in the fridge probably~
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 07:09:20 PM by Roady »

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
Welcome back to the GOF! It's good to see you returning! :rainbowwave I'm a new girl around here, but I've seen some of your past posts and I'm excited to see you around the forum! :Mo
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoaaa Tanner! You're one of the few people I tried to reach out to a year or two ago to see how things were going. I see you've kept a similar color style for Roady, very cool. Hope life has treated you well, and good to see you back here :)

Roady

• The Wayward Dragon
  • Member+
  • Ruby
  • The Wayward Dragon
    • View Profile
Whoaaa Tanner! You're one of the few people I tried to reach out to a year or two ago to see how things were going. I see you've kept a similar color style for Roady, very cool. Hope life has treated you well, and good to see you back here :)

I'm certainly doing better than I was five or six years ago.  Rough patches and bouts of drama haven't stopped, but I at least have the stability to weather the storms.  So to speak.

The shift towards being a dragon happened in 2017.  Symbolic of my ability to pull myself out of harrowing situations after struggling/surviving subject matters that aren't appropriate for a Land Before Time forum.  Homelessness, addiction, C-PTSD, and the like.

However, I can look back now and truly appreciate how far I've come.  In 2016 I was living in a van on a dirty industrial road in Seattle.

Currently?  I own a small house in Springfield, Oregon, I'm an organizer for a regional furry meetup group, and I've been hustling to succeed as an independent filmmaker.

So yeah...All things considered?  It seems life is treating me much, much better.

I'm no longer Tanner the lizard anymore.  No longer crawling on my belly at the bottom of a pit.

I'm Roady the Wayward Dragon, and all I have to do now is spread my wings and fly.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 09:38:26 PM by Roady »

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Nice to see you back Roady!

(I know I wasn’t here when you were known as Tanner, but still, welcome back anyway! :D)

Roady

• The Wayward Dragon
  • Member+
  • Ruby
  • The Wayward Dragon
    • View Profile
heyy a new member

Kiiiinda?

I originally joined way back in 2006, but yeah. 14-year-old me and 30-year-old me are two completely different people.  lol
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 11:36:57 PM by Roady »

ManOfWar GT

• Spike
  • He/him
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hello welcome back to the GoF Roady!  :rainbowwave

I feel like I recognize the name from back in the day? Can't fully remember though. Glad to hear things are better on your end!

Roady

• The Wayward Dragon
  • Member+
  • Ruby
  • The Wayward Dragon
    • View Profile
Hello welcome back to the GoF Roady!  :rainbowwave

I feel like I recognize the name from back in the day? Can't fully remember though. Glad to hear things are better on your end!

I joined as Cyberlizard many eons ago.  Last post I made was 2015 before I fell into what I like to call my personal dark age.

I gotta admit.  It's really nice to make a return as someone who has amassed more experience and stability.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok I was talking with Mumbling earlier wondering if you were Cyberlizard.
I did my rejoining the server back in 2017 when I was 27, pretty wild how the time has flown since then.
Agreed that being on the forum as an adult feels a lot better than back in the day haha

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome back and I hope you're happier now.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Oh heey, welcome back!  :rainbowwave
Glad to see things are working out better for you!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome back to the forum!  :rainbowwave

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome back cyber. glad that you are in a better place personally these days.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
I'm a few days late but welcome back!
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Welcome back. Back to the Great Valley. :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I know its been months, not sure if this will ping you or not, but I do recall you from back in the day as Cyberlizard!  Good to have a fellow furry back.  Hit me up to chat sometime (I'm on telegram mostly @twodogsandamarten).

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Welcome back!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.