The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Misc. Hobbies

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
My hobbies are playing halo 3 and getting into fights.

• Spike
    • View Profile
just got into calligraphy today, so between this and learning Na'vi i should be preaty buisy for awhile

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Jan 14 2008 on  04:17 AM
I also like to RUbik's Cube
I had a Rubix Cube once.....but then it broke *pouts*

But yeah, I has a hobby, collecting those Marvel and DC figurines, if anyone's heard of them before that is.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm getting back into jewelry making again.  Over the past 3 months, my total jewelry tally is:  5 rings, 4 pendants, & 18 pairs of earrings.

Meanwhile, my Kohlrabi vegetables are growing nicely.  I'll probably give them another month or two before I might be able to harvest them.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Gardening Update:  At the moment, over half of my kohlrabi are ready for harvesting, but I have yet to find a decent recipe to cook them with.  Also, I now have planted herbs (chives, cilantro, dill, & peppermint) and a thornless blackberry bush!

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://titanosaur.deviantart.com/
aside from drawing. I like to repaint Action figures. if anybody is interested I'll post some pics sometime.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
I tend to collect gems or stuffed animals, I've got giant tubs of teenie babies XP, I also do sculpture and in my spare time I even work on  the language I've made up ( called Bangaamian,  I even have a planter called Bangaamia )

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
With what do you sculpture? :)

And epic, your own language. I've had that for a while but it died out because my friends forgot it :p

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Sep 27 2010 on  01:32 AM
With what do you sculpture? :)

And epic, your own language. I've had that for a while but it died out because my friends forgot it :p
Isa scolari fozs azu oter aluzinh :D
lol in other wordsI sculpture foxes and other animals. A couple images can be seen on my deviantart

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
creating languiage can be tough, although some, like Tolkien, are good at it..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Sep 28 2010 on  07:37 PM
creating languiage can be tough, although some, like Tolkien, are good at it..
I agree it can be. Many words were changed in mine to make them more original, not mention having to remember them. That's why I wrote all the words and the translations into my language. Very tedious

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
butvworth it , if you forget what some words mean..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I collect dice. Not just the six-sided ones, but ones that are used in tabletop RPGs. I have all kinds. The one that keeps escaping me, though, is the hundred-sided dice.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Oh man, I have quite a few:

Drawing- Would come naturally, since I'm doing A-level course in art, and aspire to be an animator. Pretty much solely cartoon characters, fanart, that kinda stuff.

Animating- Mostly stop-motion and pixelation (animating inanimate objects), but I'm thinking about trying out hand-drawn animation. Only problem is the startup costs are monstrous. You need the cels, the backgrounds, the drawing boards, x-sheets, lightboxes, the cameras, the software, etc etc.

Ninjutsu- I go to a weekly class, where they mainly teach the combat half, rather than the strategy or the lifestyle. But it's fine, because I got a tonn of books on the subject of Ninjutsu, and they all have sections on strategy. I'm a big ninja enthusiast, but I only hold a 9th kyu greenbelt in the art, which is equivalent to a yellow belt.

Warhammer- Currently collect a chaos daemons 40k army. I'm mostly into the collecting, modelling and painting, but I can hold my own in battle. Plus, chaos daemons are just so interesting, in that they have an exception to pretty much every basic rule of the game.

Roleplaying- Mostly live-action variety. I run a small group of foamfighters (Combat games, using foam-rubber weapons of our own construction), using the Dagorhir system. I hope that once I'm 18, we can apply to become an official chapter.

Dr Steel's Toy Soldier Army- I am a proud soldier in the army, and a big fan of the doc's work, be it his propaganda, his message, or his kick-ass music (sort of a blend of jazz, folk, rap and industrial metal). I'm off to my first invasion tomorrow, in fact!

I'm also into alot of occult stuff, but I won't go into too much detail, lest I incite an overly intense debate.

Oh, and I self-teach myself drumming. You can check out an example on my Youtube channel.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Temporary hobby: After moving out on my own, and gaining access to my old VHS tapes, I discovered that a portion of them - roughly a third - were in a box that had somehow gotten wet, creating a mold source, and many of the tapes in that box were affected, some more, some less.  Not being one to want to damage my VHS/DVD combo player with mold, and also affect the rest of my library, I have taken it upon myself to clean all 39 affected tapes, with warm soapy water, and then again with just warm water, carefully.  I got some tips online, and am doing it with a test tape.  ....It's going to take a long time, but I have plenty of patience for this kind of thing.  Then maybe I can transfer my collection to DVD, like I've been wanting to for years...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
My hobbies are Strawberry Shortcake Berry Bitty Adventures Japanese Animation, Children's Animation, video games, movies and more.

Danosaur

• Ruby
    • View Profile
My main hobby is VHS collecting (been collecting them since 2009), and just this week I purchased my 1100th VHS tape for the collection. My wall of video tapes really is something to behold. You can never say 'there's nothing to watch' when you are in my house!

It's a particularly interesting hobby for a film lover like me because there are all sorts of obscure stuff you will find on VHS that turn out to be great despite no-one knowing about them.

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
My hobbies are playing music and listening to it as well. I sing and play guitar. I was also in choir throughout high school and 2 semesters in college.

Another hobby I have, although I never get to do it anymore :cry , is traveling. I've only been out of the United Stated once, and that was to the Bahamas and I hated it! :anger last real vacation I had was when I went to Maine to visit my relatives. I love flying on airplanes. Places in America I want to visit: Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City (even though I've been there before I wanna go again <3), Boston, Chicago, Memphis, Nashville. Places OUTSIDE America I want to visit: The UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Greece, Australia.

I also love fitness. I exercise regularly; weightlifting and running are my 2 favorite things to do. Exercise has also turned me into a really big nutrition need xD  :smile I remember I lost 20 pounds after cutting soda out of my diet, and that's how that started.

Edit: I also love clothes shopping. <3

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Here is a list of hobbies I have:

1. Daydreaming about anything related to The Land Before Time
2. Playing the piano
3. Listening to music
4. Laughing
5. Drawing (I'm trying to get back into it)
6. Spending money
7. Eating
8. Watching dvds
9. Internet
10. Playing games (computer games or console games)
11. Writing Land Before Time fanfiction
12. Posting on the Gang Of Five forum
13. Drinking soda pop (although it's a tough thing to cut out of my diet)
14. Reading Land Before Time fanfiction
15. Watching YouTube videos