The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you watching?

Amaranthine · 1782 · 123134

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am about to watch "Jesus Camp" with a friend.  I have already watched it before, but my friend had never seen it.  Thankfully, I have plenty of alcohol at hand to dampen the discomfort of watching this disturbing documentary.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I watched the movie "Fack ju Gˆhte" with a friend in the local cinema... You probably don't know this movie because it's a German production but it's darn awesome and hillarious.
Inactive, probably forever.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Born Rich (2003 documentary)

This documentary was recommended to me by a friend.  It apparently details the experiences of children who are born into extreme wealth.  Considering that I found the documentary "The One Percent" interesting (if also enraging) I will probably find this to be fascinating as well.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights
The Sixth Sense

Danosaur

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Saw 12 Years A Slave a few days ago (finally started showing at my local cinema), I normally dont like historical oscar-bait type films but I thought this was phenomenal, some of the best performances I've seen in years.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just recently watched:

*The Butler
*Capote
*Grey Gardens
*The Countess

For those who like history, all of these are true stories of historical people and events.  "The Countess" is about Countess Elizabeth Bathory, whose disturbing beliefs and actions later came to inspire stories and legends like Dracula.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Dave the Barbarian
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Bill Nye vs. Ken Ham Debate.  

I use the term "debate" lightly, as one of the participants (Nye) actually used evidence and reason to make his points, whereas the creationist simply used appeals to authority and ignorance.

Nye did quite well, in my opinion. I think that he could have rebutted Ham's critique of radioisotope dating a bit more forcefully and that he could have called him out a bit more one the obvious contradictions he talked himself into, but overall Bill did a great job. He was well spoken in conveying his message, while avoiding offending those Christians who may have been on the fence over the issue.

I originally thought this debate was a bad idea and I am glad to say that Bill Nye proved me wrong in that regard. It is a shame that the Ken Ham will make money off of this in videos and free publicity, however.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
THX 1138

This dystopian science fiction film, which George Lucas directed as his directorial debut, is still one of my favorites.  I always found it to be unfortunate that it did poorly at the box office during its initial release.  Thankfully, as we all now know, George Lucas found future success and this film did not derail his career.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
An American Werewolf in London
Beethoven's 2nd
The Last Exorcism
Bugsy Malone

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am about to see the remake of Robocop.  I wonder if it will do justice to the original.  Somehow, I am skeptical, but I will try to keep an open mind.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Lone Ranger
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas
FrankenWeenie

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Iron Maiden: Death on the Road.

I have been on an Iron Maiden kick lately.  Their studio albums are great, but their live shows are even better.  This DVD is no exception.  Unfortunately, this is the only DVD of a live concert that I own from this band.