The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spike more devoted to Ducky then Petrie

Guest · 94 · 11027

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
(Cue record scratch)

stop apologizing and start acting right!
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I agree with everyone else. What the tail is up with the bashing? Seriously! Can't you just say you're not a big fan of them? Or you don't like them? Seriously, this is getting annoying.

You've said you would improve your attitude around here, but you're not. Questioning my captions over and over is not what I'm talking about, even though that's wrong too.

Seriously, I hate to say it, but you really need to learn to analyze better.

And Vonbob's right. If you want others to forgive you, you have to correct your actions. You keep apologizing but it seems that you don't really mean it.

Seriously, I don't wanna see you get kicked off either.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
You don't understand Bruton.

It's VERY EASY for anybody to say "I'm sorry, I won't do it again." Heck, I say it all the time when I do something wrong. The only difference is I MEAN IT and I make sure never to make the same mistake again.

You on the other hand continue to apologize and then you do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you say you will do. It's hard for anybody to think you're apologies are sincere if you continuously fail to change your attitude.

If you are really sorry, then act like you are. Stop with the cursing. Put more thought into your posts. Stop bashing other people's opinions or characters that people like. Act like you want to be a member of GOF and not a troll.

Anyway, Friendly Sharptooth brings up another good point about how Ducky is the first dinosaur he sees when he hatches, so it makes sense he has that particular bond towards her.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I promise to stop dropping f-bombs, or a-bombs, or anything of the sort.

Really, Petrie did not deserve to cry---Spike did. Petrie did not deserve the touching reunion with Ducky---Spike did. And to boot, at this point Petrie had completely lost my respect for him as favorite character---a respect that, you guessed it, had transpired to Spike.

Funny how it all worked out, huh? I mean, if I'd just seen movie 1 ad no others and someone asked who my faovirte member of the gang was, I'd no doubt say Petrie. But no, it's Spike.

Maybe it's the result of looking at Spike (and Ducky, admittedly) with more respect after the infamous movie 6 incident with the bees. I mean, 6 was 7's precedessor. But either way, Spike is now officially my favorite, and has just been growing higher on that status throughout the later LBT movies, while my like of Petrie has by contrast decreased (with 7 and "Imaginary Friends"), or just dulled, since after 6 he simply didn't feel interesting anymore.

EDIT: Hey guys, I'm sorry about this whole fiasco. I love Petrie and I didn't truly mean what I said about him. I was just not doing so great.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You're gonna have do much more than say that, Bruton. Anyone can just say they'll do something.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Alright, I'll try.

I'm not saying this to offend Petrie. I still adore him---I used to love him in the earlier films, and still do, but not as much, as I felt his voice got too whiny.

Bruton the Iguanodon

But----hold on a second, are you guys saying Spike remembers his own birth?!

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well let's hope that this time you do mean it.

Is it really that impossible for Spike to remember the day he hatched? I would think that coming out of his egg and seeing Ducky for the first time would really stick with him all this time.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Voices are the first thing we learn to recognize before we begin to memorize faces.  More then likely it was Ducky's voice he was drawn to before the source.

Honestly, you're being way too hard on Petrie, even going so far as to bash him and throw the F-bomb at him.  He may not be my favorite character, but I would'nt speak about him in the manner you have done.

Something I'm really questioning is, are you really a fan of the series?  All I ever see you post it seems are negative things about the series and even the characters.  Calling Littlefoot and Ducky dumb, using the F-bomb toward Petrie, saying Cera basically has no right to feel negativity towards her father's new marriage, saying Spike is weird for his growth spurt at birth...really?  It seems you don't even care for the main cast :rolleyes.

And once again, like others have said, stop blowing the bee stings out of control.  It is not "infamous".  Pearl Harbor was infamous.  We're talking about a stinkin' bee sting here for Pete's sake!  Compared to much of the other mishaps they've been dealt, a bee sting is nothing.

As the others have said, apology and posting a song title won't gain you any favor until you act upon your word.  Not only must you talk the talk, but you must also walk the walk if you want to be seen as credible.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
As a reply to CT's post...Eeeyup.

And what makes you think Petrie doesn't care about Ducky? I think you need to watch the movies again.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Not to take sides or anything, but can we cancel the echo in here. As much as I believe it's necessary to assess the situation, I'm beginning to find it a little unfair how everyone is expressing their grievances towards Bruton.

Yes, I myself have observed his actions and his repeated violations. So I understand where you're coming from, but I also sense some hostility from the other members. Many of them as a matter of fact. Can't we minimize it just a little?

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Oh no! I'm not trying to say that I hate him for his actions. Of course not! It's very unlike me to hate someone. And I'm one of the most forgiving people you'll know!

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm just trying to get him to see the error of his ways. I'm not trying to be hateful, I'm just pointing out his mistakes, and so is everyone else...I think.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Truttle,Feb 3 2012 on  01:02 AM
Not to take sides or anything, but can we cancel the echo in here. As much as I believe it's necessary to assess the situation, I'm beginning to find it a little unfair how everyone is expressing their grievances towards Bruton.

Yes, I myself have observed his actions and his repeated violations. So I understand where you're coming from, but I also sense some hostility from the other members. Many of them as a matter of fact. Can't we minimize it just a little?
Well I never saw this coming when it comes to hostility. I'm kind of surprised by all of it. I've been devoted most of my time to the wiki and haven't paid much attention to what's happened here until I read some comments. I was dumbfounded afterward.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't believe it's possible for me to hate anyone, and Bruton is no exception.  I, too, was just trying to point out his behavior to him and not crucify him.  Some of us have had these discussions recently in the AM Section under his topic.  None of my posting has been in any way, shape, or form meant to harm or bash Bruton.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
This is something I sometimes have a problem with. When I feel strongly about something, I sometimes exaggerate that emotion a bit too far. It doesn't happen a lot, but there are a few occasions.

I want it to be known that I had no intention of showing hatred towards Bruton. Like others, I was trying to show him that his actions were not being received well by others and what could be done to change it, but I may have come off as hateful, and if I did I apologize. I am not the type of person to hold grudges or stay angry at somebody for long, and I don't want to start doing that ever, especially not here.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Bruton has a week to think about it now and I told him again exactly what the problems were.
I want to stress again that I really appreciate his input in general a lot which is why I hate the need to impose any sanctions. The frustration some of his posts caused is rather understandeable though and the staff could not ignore it without failing to do its job.
Bruton enjoys the same protection of bashing as every other member on the GOF does. I don't think anyone lowered him or herself to any personal attacks, but I want to say that I appreciate your input Truttle. I'm sure it takes courage to speak up for moderation against the majority even in case of a usually well behaved majority as can be found on the GOF. Thank you :)
I very much hope that the problems will no longer occur in the future.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I don't think anyone lowered him or herself to any personal attacks, but I want to say that I appreciate your input Truttle. I'm sure it takes courage to speak up for moderation against the majority even in case of a usually well behaved majority as can be found on the GOF."

I don't follow you. You ackowledged we were not inflicting personal attacks, yet at the same time you're appreciative that someone spoke against us? I thought opposition should only rise against harm. You're glad someone is discouraging people from trying to be helpful? Again, you acknowledged there were no personal attacks, so on what grounds do you support your approval of us being discouraged from what we were saying?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not sure if he's saying he's glad Truttle spoke against the majority. I think he was basically just saying it takes courage to do that, regardless if the majority is right, wrong, or neither.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think he was thanking Truttle for trying to stop the posts towards Bruton. He realized the situation was starting to get out of hand and he decided to step in and try to mitigate it, which does take great courage to do.