The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Two past Midnight

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
First of all, I see you guys went with one of my ideas for the title, thanks (=

Secondly, this book is one of Stephen King's great novel "collection", he's one of my favourite authors =p
For the one's who haven't read it, it's composed of two tales. The first, called Langoliers turns a new concept on time travelling, talking about a group of people who manage to land a ghost plane and then find themselves stuck in the past trying to go back, and as always, time is running out. The second tale, many of you might have seen this in the movies. Secret Window (it stared Johnny Deep in the film), it's about a writer who's accused of having coppied one of his stories by another author (not sure on what you call this kind of crime), he goes insane, a lot of things start happening, and in the book the ending has a special twitch that for those of yous who saw the film, will find incredible that they kept it out =p
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I have never read King at all.  I did see that Secret Window film that really scared me for some reason...and I think its because that's not so fictional.  There are plenty of crazies out there. o.O  Once I'm done with this internship I might give the book a go just to see how it differs from the film. ^^

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
You'll be surprised :D
The other storys are also good, I think four past midnight has the same stories plus two more, not sure though, I'd check it out before buying it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm not much into horror movies or novels, but I've read two Steven King books so far. One was "Stand by me" (which we read at school), the other one was "Misery".
"Misery" is really a very gripping book and I finished it (despite its length) in two evenings. The story is told in such an exciting style that it is almost impossible to put the book aside. This is of course just my opinion, but reading such a book one might grow to understand why the fan of an author would want to keep him (or her) locked up forcing him or her to write more books  :P:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Lol, still you've got to admit the woman was crazy.
Two evenings?! It took me almost a week, but I'm a slow reader. I remember staying up 'till 2 or 3 a.m. reading that book =p
It's one of his best novels but the novel tht really marked me was The Stand, it took me 20 days and many long hours into the night to finish it. It just takes your breath away, I strongly recommend it, but be advised it has 1421 pages, it's no mistake one thousand four hundred and twenty one, believe me that thing is thicker than my bible =x

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Copying froim another author is copyright infringement and plaguarism. You need permission to use  part's of another author's work...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Plaguarism (are you sure that "a" belongs in there?) that's the word! I have to admit it's weirder than I thought it would be at list the begining is similar to what I was thinking =p