The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Black Cauldron

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
...But good on its own.

I gotta say, it's kind of like a mix between the first two books of The Prydain Chronicles, just with a ton of characters taken out (some of which I didn't care too much for). They did a good job keeping the characters true to their personalities for once, though their histories had a bit more depth, like Ffludder Fflam's for example.

My favorite character is most definitely Gurgi. Holy smoke, he is adorable XD ! He's just like he is in the books X3 . He has so much potential for a fanfic...which would be a 'flashback' thing, an insight to where he came from, since he is the only one of his 'kind' that there is.

*can't think of much else*

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I love Gurgi.  He is my favourite character.  

Unfortunately, I am afraid to say that I have never had the opportunity to read the Pyrdian Chronicles.  I have only watched the disney version.  

Thus because I have only see the disney adaption version I can't really pass judgement on if the version is as good or is not as good.  What I can say is that due to the greater depth of the themes and characters (The horned King, perhaps the most frigthening Disney villian of all time), the film made little success when it was released in the cinemas.  

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No villain is as cool or frightening as Maleficent, she isn't called mistress of evil for nothing ;)

Never read the books but i have watched the movie but that was a long time ago. Waiting to see if they will come out with a DVD, i hope so!

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The DVD has been out for a while.  

The best way to find it is either; Go to a local disney store or Go to a DVD store.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I was wondering what this topic was about...

The Black Cauldron was quite the good movie, I've seen it a couple of times.  :)
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.