The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Transformers in the land before time

Rocky · 59 · 7185

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 3 2010 on  12:05 AM
Lots to choose from.  Certain autobots you want filled first?  Is there the limit to the number of chars someone can play, and from certain category?
No limits, but I would prefer one from at least three category, like one Autobot, one Decepticon, and one dinosaur. Also I think I'll drop the dinosaur alt mode for the characters besides the Dinobots, and ravage. Instead they will stick with cybertronian alt modes.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We've seen a few of the alt modes.  In the first episode we saw Soundwave and Wheeljack's.  And the pyramid jets most decipticons seem to have.  The female autobots in that 1 episode they were in all had cybertronian alt modes since the ark did not repair them.  Shockwave's alt mode is a giant gun that can fly.  Unlike megatron which has to be shot by someone I think.    The others should be easy to extrapolate.   The autobots mainly cybertronian hover cars or some sort that don't use wheels like the episode 4 landspeeder of Luke's.

I guess you'd let folks alter the known vehicle alt modes like Soundwave being a cybertronian music player, boom box or whatever the player of Soundwave wants to call it, and wheeljack being a car type instead of the boxy vehicle he was originally.  

I assume the autobots will not be able to fly in robot form, like they could in the pilot episodes? Though they did seem to forget they could fly at times in robot form in the pilot.

Found a picture of Wheeljack's original altmode on a wiki elsewhere: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/File:Cy...onwheeljack.jpg

& soundwave: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/File:Cy...onsoundwave.jpg

& 2 decepicon pyramid jets: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tetrajet_seekers.jpg

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I found the alt mode pic

Shockwave's Alt mode
Shockwave's Alt mode

Also I will soundwave to turn into his famous alt mode, because lets face it, a radio tower (Or whatever it is) would stand out like a sore thumb in the great valley.

Also I'm on the fence regarding megatron's alt mode since I agree with Micheal bay that having Megatron turn into a gun for someone else to fire would be like having Darth Vader  turn into his own light saber and have someone else wield it.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll play Starscream and Petrie, by the way, great job for basing this on G1 instead of those mediocre Michael Bay films  :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You could have Megatron turn into a gun like Shockwave, or a cannon, type thing, like I think he does once he's turned into Galvatron.  Or something else.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ravage has no alt dino mode....he is either a casette tape or a dog....nothing else.

Oh, and Belmount, I would rather say it's a great job basing it upon GI instead of that terrible....and I mean terrible, Transformers Animated series....worst series around, seen it....and it's very bad, gives Transformers a bad name.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Aug 3 2010 on  06:18 PM
Ravage has no alt dino mode....he is either a casette tape or a dog....nothing else.

Oh, and Belmount, I would rather say it's a great job basing it upon GI instead of that terrible....and I mean terrible, Transformers Animated series....worst series around, seen it....and it's very bad, gives Transformers a bad name.
Ravage is a panther, and ok I'll keep him as he is. and by the way I loved TFA, especially the Megatron-Starscream thing.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess the dinobots have to be as dumb as they are in the cartoon show, even though perceptor wasn't present for their creation?  Just a theory of mine why they ended up being so dumb.  Wheeljack is more of a mechanical engineer and not to good at electronic stuff and not in perceptor's league.  Not so say he's dumb, but its' sort of like Peter Parker.  He's smart but not in Reed's class.

Wonder if someone may run a pure g1 transformer's rp at some point.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, keeping Ravage's form could bo good as he could blend in to the other dinosaurs and what have you.

And if someone were to do a pure GI Transformers RP....I would still be taking Soundwave in that one :lol:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think we might be getting off topic folks, so could we please try to stay on topic.

Anyway I think I'll take megatron skywarp and thundercracker. we should start as soon as we got the following rolls filled

Autobots

Bumblebee
Ironhide
Wheeljack
Ratchet
hound
mirage
jazz

Decepticons

reflector( the three camera robots that speak in unionism)

Dinosaurs

Ducky
spike
ruby

Sharpteeth

Redclaw
Thud
Screech

also it will start when the ark crashes into the side of a dormant volcano that is in the great valley and the decepticons come online first and getting their barrings.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think with the Autobots, mainly Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet and Jazz would be the more essential ones in my opinion.

But I could take Littlefoot if no one else wishes to take him.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess we're limited to 1 autobot & 1 great valley dino?

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok Mr. drake, do you think you could play the role of his grand parents too. and kor, read my text, NO Character limits.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are several autobots I may want to play.

As for great valley Fc's I think I'd like to try Chomper, unless someone else really wants to.  It's been a long time since I rped as him.  I usually do Ducky or Petrie, or both.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rocky,Aug 5 2010 on  02:57 PM
Ok Mr. drake, do you think you could play the role of his grand parents too. and kor, read my text, NO Character limits.
Yeah, I could very well do that if need be....does make sense as well, so yeah, sure, I can do that too, playing both of his grandparents too.

But I wont be playing an Autobot....I mean, don't want to really play too many characters so much.

Maybe at a later date if an Autobot is needed to be played is, I'll take one, but for now, I'll leave them be.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks.  I had forgotten which others had their cybertronian alt modes shown.  

Any certain autobots on your recent list you want filled, or all of those equally?  

Thinking I may like one of the dinobots also.  Though not sure yet.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Before  I post I want to say this, My Grandfather recently died and I've been taking it pretty hard, since well he practicly rasied me, and he was my buddy too. He died thursday august 5, today was his wake and tomarrow is his Funneral.

Anyway, yes I agree Kor, I agree so who wants which autobot. Also Teletran 1 will be NPC. also I want to let everyone know that I would also perfer if you play the familes of the main LBT characters. so lets continue, I hope to get this thread started soon.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Any certain autobots and LBT folks you want filled first?