The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Official: Land Before Time Series

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
"Marking the first major milestone for Universal's newly formed family entertainment label, Universal Studios Home Entertainment Family Productions (USHEFP) today announced that it has commenced production on 26 episodes of a new animated TV series, The Land Before Time. The series is slated to debut on Cartoon Network in 2007 and will be subsequently distributed on DVD by Universal."

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdnews.php?id=10722

This is great news indeed! :DD

Dogstar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Yes i read about this last night  i was surprised but i look forward to checking it out.  However it’s not coming out till 2007. I was also shocked to read that it said Movie 12 would not be out till 2007 :(  :cry2  I figured it be out either later this year or earlier 2006

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, it looks like the filmmakers of the series are finally wisening up, taking more time with each sequel, and are accepting the inevitable (a TV series). About time. Just think about how much trouble they'd have saved if they'd just done this from the beginning.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
With a 2-3 years between each film, the animation might be better, the plot might be better, and the characters might be developed better.

As for the series, It is probably going to be like any other cartoon show. Simple plot and no story.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, its not like LBT was designed to have a single, long term plot. I think an animated LBT series woul dbe quite entertaining.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Looking forward to seeing a series. But sadly it will take longer to show itself here in the UK if they did that. about 6 months or so. But if they did a series of Land Before Time. It would be on either CITV or CBBC. Both of them Children times and shows. some are not so good and some are cool.

You even get to watch very old cartoons on these shows. Also there is Toonattic a new cartoon show for weekends. they show cartoons from Diseny to cartoons that brought out in the UK. there latest to the weekend is the Fantanic 4 and American Dragon both I like to sit down and watch even it around 8am in the morning :)

other then that I look forward to seeing a Land Before Time series and look up for information off Aria. see if she know about this

-Threehorn

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Greetings from Scotland  :)

Hmmm... I'm in kind of a split-mind about this. Much as I relish on the idea of many new LBT stories to come, I'm very worried that they might not care about good stories anymore or not care about what has been said in previous movies. Also the series might be send in America and perhaps England only so quite a few of us may not even be able to see it  :unsure:

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Malte is correct; TV episodes do tend to be more vulnerable to cliches and jading than movies, since they need to be produced in greater numbers and their stories need to be more compressed.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
The series has already become cliche. Its not like we actually have anything to lose at this point.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I do not. So long we still care about LBT there is something to loose as far as I am concerned. This is not meant to imply that anyone of you would care less about LBT, but we just seem to feel different about it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
We already have the original film, 10 sequels, and a TV show coming up along with another sequel. What are we losing, anyway? It looks like we've got a lot to look forward to. The TV series can't be any worse than the sequels.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
my question is, is ali going to be in any episodes? I Hope so, the end of LBT 4 hinted at Ali;'s return, but didn't say when.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, a TV series would definitely give them many opportunities to do so. She may even end up as a regular guest.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
To be honest, I saw this coming a long time ago. I've always said "I wonder when they're gonna make a TV series of LBT coz it has all the prospects to become one". Somehow, like the majority of movie to TV animations, the visuals will be slightly downgraded so that production wont take as long as I'm sure it already will but I think this will be the big opportunity people have been waiting for to revisit past characters i.e. Bron, Ali, Pat, Sue, Mo etc.

As for screening, the UK probably wont get it straight away but it will hit are shoreline (as everything else in the entertainment world does) a good 1/2 year or so after the US. I'd imagine it will be aired on the Sky channels before it comes to terrestrial TV. Probably Cartoon Network most likely.

Well, as cool as this all sounds, we've still got a wait on our hands (I dont mean literally sitting down on your hands LOL j/king :lol). LBT 12 will be due soon but, as always, I'm keeping an open mind to this and I'll be grateful to hopefully catch a few glimpses of the episodes in the run up to it's premiere.

One question... you reckon the original cast will star in it? I'm sure the regulars will but what about the voices of the special guest stars that were in the movies? I doubt they're gonna be about to keep them for the series. And there's the same problem with finding a single voice for Littlefoot! Who's gonna play him if they keep switching him since Dekker after #9? This oughta be interesting...

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I see this as no surprise.  The reason being is because I think the franchise is actually making less money than it once was, thereby leading to a tv series.  TV series can get away with choppier animation and still be OK, so it technically should cost less in the short run to change production.  As Littlefoot said, Universal's in this for money--and they can save money by changing the method of production.

I can't predict what will happen.  Sure there will be "regulars" and I suppose Ali could be one of them; she has yet to return.  Time will tell what will happen.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Hi everyone just letting you all know I am giving it a shoot to audition for the Land Before time series and I am not joking. I am doing this seriuusly, I have sent a clip of me doing some lines to Aria's mum she going to pass it on to the directors. now all I do is keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I might not be able to do the voices to a great detail but I can still feel it out as the words was placed down in the scripts to the lbt movies.

Well now the waiting game begins :)

-Threehorn

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck Threehorn! Hope you get a part!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What part were you trying out for? or do you not care what part you were given as long as you get one?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: