The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

humans vs great valley dinosaurs

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Let me get one thing straight gloverboy2, I am NOT your enemy.
This however does NOT mean that I had to agree with everything you say, nor do I in return expect you or anyone else to agree with me on everything.
When somebody posts in the gang of five that does not make him or her the "owner" of the topic in the sense that he or she may permit or prohibit what people may or may not post.
Really gloverboy, you are not doing anyone a favor by acting the way you do. If however you continue to act in a way that will make your presence more of an annoyance to other members than a pleasure (which it is in case of civilized discussion and exchange of views), I'm afraid you might be banned as a consequence.
I'm not saying this to threaten you but only to warn you hoping to stop you from continuing a kind of behavior that will, if continued, hurt nobody more than yourself (in the GOF as well as elsewhere).
I do not want you to get banned but you will be if you continue in this antisocial manner you have shown so far gloverboy2.
I'm sure you can do better than that.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Let's see if we can restart this topic in a civilized manner.

The combat aspect is interesting in a theoretical manner but I don't think declaring war on a peaceful and primitive race (GV dinos) is an appropriate course of action. Yes, feel free to ignore my input as I inserted a war in LBT.

I second Kor's thoughts:

I think the best idea is a mutual agreement, perhaps a large scale "anthropological" study and a survey of the ecosystem. I'd imagine the scientists would act like they had encountered an isolated race of Humans as the LBT dinos have the same intelligence as Humans.

Mr. Thicknose might work alongside the biologists and ecologists. After all, he's essentially the Great Valley's botanist.

Grandpa Longneck might work with the anthropologists. He's basically the storyteller/"legendkeeper".

Mr. Threehorn and some of the others might flat out refuse to cooperate but I doubt they'd actually attack the scientists. The other dinosaurs would be EXTREMELY upset at them for that.

As for Chomper, he might work alongside the linguists or serve as a translator.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
We're your Friends Dude! Please don't think of us as your enemies just because of some reasons that are not worth bring up.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The time travel idea sounds like the start of a possible fanfiction.  Or even rp, or both.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Feb 18 2009 on  12:10 AM
Actually, Nod's spikes were more akin to the slat armor found on some armored vehicles. They were not weaponry, though like the driver of an armored vehicle, he could resort to ramming or crushing his opponent.

Also one thing that I was thinking about: (mentioned in Twilight Valley) groin attacks. I'm assuming they would not work (as well) as the organs in question are internal. But at the same time I'd imagine a powerful blow to the genitals would be extremely painful.

Crocodilian skin is tougher thanks to the scutes.

As for weapons, small arms and melee weapons are useless against the larger creatures (Doc, Dara, Sue etc.). For them you'd need something like shoulder fired missiles or 20 mm cannon.

For the smaller ones (Topsy, Mama Swimmer, Mutt's father, Chomper's parents) melee weapons are (nearly) useless but high caliber rifle rounds would work. Note that I say melee weapons are nearly useless because a group of Humans with melee weapons could take 1 of them down. Of course, if the bipeds decide to do something like grab a tree branch or a rock to use as a weapon then the odds of a melee victory decrease. And yes, I'd assume that the LBT dinos would grab the nearest thing to use as a weapon if they had to (LBT IV - stone throwing, though it's more of a distraction but it still can be weaponized).

For the human scale (Ruby, Hyp, Rainbowface-type, etc.), almost all firearms will work. Melee weapons would work too, but if the biped grabs a weapon, all bets are off.
I do agree with you on the matter of humans losing to most LBT characters but if i went to the LBT era i would try to persuade Chomper to join me or if he doesn't agree then i'll capture red claw and make him my pet and air lift him into the great valley and let him do his thing. :lol  :lol  :lol
facebook.com/venomwargreymon