The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Wreck-it Ralph

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Some news on this movie.  First off, Wreck-it-Ralph has been nominated for Best Animated Feature.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/...-moore/1822965/

On top of that, it will be available for Digital Download February 12 and on Blu-Ray and DVD March 5th.

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/w...lu-ray-2013017/

None of the days can come soon enough for me. :)

Well that's all for now.

See ya later! :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I totally forgot to post here, went to see it with the other guys :)

This is an adorable movie... It's very high up the animated movies shelf for me. In CGI animation it must be at least as good as Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc. I'm in love with the characters. Overall, a great movie, though I would have loved to see some more characters from games :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^Speaking of having more characters, I did hear that they wanted to include Mario, but Disney only got the rights to use Bowser because they didn't fork over enough money to Nintendo.

Oh well!  It was great seeing the King of the Koopas at least. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Comes out tomorrow on DVD!  Who's buying it!?  I know I am! :D

Simba King Of Pride Rock

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Mar 4 2013 on  05:12 PM
Comes out tomorrow on DVD!  Who's buying it!?  I know I am! :D
I am!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
...I think it's actually still in cinemas over here. We in the UK were pretty much the last ones to get it. I have no idea when it'll come out on DVD here, but when it does, I might get it, unless my step dad is a pirate once again. :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I remember seeing it way back when it first came out in theaters.  And I'm definitely going to buy the DVD!  I have to admit, if there was only one movie I could watch for the rest of my life, it would have to be Wreck-It Ralph.  That was the first time the credits to a movie made me cry.  Because I didn't want it to end, and I didn't want to leave the theater.  All that nostalgia in the credits really struck my heart.   :p

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Why buy it when you download it for free. So I will not buy it I will use a free movie website to watch it. And I also loved the movie. It was amazing and very good. I loved the story line in it I loved the graphics the characters and all the cameo's as well. Very enjoyable. I even loved the Japanese Pop song at the end as well. 10/10 from me.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I think we're far enough along to discuss this part of the movie...

"She's programmed with the most tragic backstory ever."

Do you agree that her backstory really is the most tragic ever?

Tell me what you think.  I'll give my answer later.  I have work to head to.

See ya later! :wave

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not the most tragic, but definitely very sad... I wouldn't want to be surprised the very day I'm not prepared to fight :P: Especially on such a special day. But hey, it could always be worse, I guess.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No... it's the most hilarious backstory ever.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
They're working on a sequel to this movie I hope they make it good just like the first.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I loved Wreck-It Ralph! So much so that I had to breach an international border to go and see it (thanks again Mumbling! ;) :lol ). I know the movie has its own story but as a gamer (and an old one at that) I couldn't resist seeing it for all the subtle little gaming references in there. I remembered belly laughing so loud at some of the subtle jokes it was actually embarrassing seeing as the cinema was decked out with kids and their parents who were probably too far either side of the demographic to pick up on them. Wreck-It Ralph isn't out of the UK cinemas yet but it's gonna be a must grab for me when it's out on home release. Next to Finding Nemo, I reckon this is up there as my fav Pixar movie! :D :D :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, here's my answer.  No!  She does not have the most tragic backstory ever.  That honor belongs to Mr. Bruce Wayne in my eyes.

Not just having his parents killed in front of him, but also add in the story of "A Death in the Family" Comic and the gritty-mature "The Dark Knight Rises" of when you see who the final boss is, and... yeah!  Tragic and messed up to the extreme.

Still, Calhoun, I think her backstory would make Top 10 in the area of tragic. :(

So yeah, not the most tragic, but definitely in the top 10.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
They were talking about videogame backstories.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I loved how it had drama and comedy mixed in the movie. And I got all the subtle jokes as well parts where funny and very good.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here is my big disappointment.  You know of how when a movie comes out on DVD/Blu-ray, it comes with extra stuff?  Well, Disney REALLY shorthands you if you get the DVD instead of the Blu-ray of this movie.  Want proof?

Blu-ray extras - Paperman Short, Bit by Bit: Creating the Worlds of Wreck-it Ralph, Disney Intermission: The Gamer's Guide to Wreck-it Ralph, Deleted & Alternate Scenes, Video Game Commercials (Original Commercials of Fix-it Felix Jr., Hero's Duty and Sugar Rush.)

DVD extras - Paperman Short

Yeah!  See what I mean?  You don't get those Behind-the-Scene Specials or Deleted Scenes with the DVD!  Disney wants you to fork over the extra cash for all that extra stuff you love! :p

However, to me, it just feels wrong to get this on DVD.  It MUST be in HD!  It MUST have those bonus features!  It MUST be the one movie that makes me get a Blu-ray Player.

Yep!  It's just that good that tomorrow I go to my local Best Buy for a Blu-ray Player. :)

Congrats Ralph!  You were the one that finally broke me to buying a Blu-ray, and I don't feel ashamed to admit it. :D

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hey Disney didn't get the 40+ billions for being nice they got it because they know how to rip people off. That is why I stopped buying movies cause to be they're a waste of money and time and they collect dust.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Next to Finding Nemo, I reckon this is up there as my fav Pixar movie!
Teeny nitpick; it's not a Pixar movie, this is Disney itself.  ;)

This is a great movie. I'll admit that I didn't have really high expectations when I went to see this, but it surprised me with how much heart it has.

But about the home release; to be honest, it really doesn't feel like there are many extras on the Blu-ray either. I was hoping for way more interviews with the voice talent, animators, etc., but what is there seems too short to really get in depth.  <_<

Hey Disney didn't get the 40+ billions for being nice they got it because they know how to rip people off. That is why I stopped buying movies cause to be they're a waste of money and time and they collect dust.

I don't want to start something, but the reason I buy movies is because, to me, it shows support for the work in question. It basically says that I like this movie so much that I am willing to pay for it. And it seems that Disney is trying to get better.