The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Wreck-it Ralph

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't know how many lawsuits this thing went through just for the trailer alone.

Wreck-it Ralph

Obviously Disney, you have the money, make us gamers proud. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
It's entirely possible that they got permission long before making any material. I'm looking forward to this!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Both this and Rise of the Guardians I plan to see this Fall  :)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Heh, this movie had my interest mostly by Once in a Lifetime

♪And the days go by...♪

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yep, definitely going to see this when it comes out in theaters. :)

November can't come soon enough for me. :D

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
I remember seeing the trailer for this when I went to see Amazing Spider-Man. My opinions can be summarized by two words I couldn't help but pipe up when I saw one little detail in the trailer:

"WHOOOO!! BOWSER!!!"

This got a laugh from the audience and I felt pretty good, especially since I was (ironically) wearing my Bowser shirt at the time!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, the movie is now out and I'll be going to see it this upcoming Monday.

From reviews, I can tell you now to just DROP any over-hyped expectations you may have.  Simply, it's not as great as it's made out to be.  Still great but not Toy Story Great. (Then again, what do you expect there?)

Despite it all, I will still go see it.  If just for the huge nostalgia trip I'll get from it.

See ya later! :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I got a question. If you haven't even seen Wreck-It Ralph yet, how do you know it's "not as good as it's made out to be"?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Nov 3 2012 on  08:57 AM
I got a question. If you haven't even seen Wreck-It Ralph yet, how do you know it's "not as good as it's made out to be"?
That part of the post is actually just what I got from critics.  Simply, THEY are saying that "it's great but not as great as it's made out to be".

I knew I should've better worded that. :slap

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay. Makes more sense now. I did watch Moviebob's review and he does say he doesn't feel it's as good as Toy Story, but he still says it's a really good movie in its own right.

I don't know how I'll feel about the movie as I haven't seen it yet. I plan on seeing it today with my youngest sister. She's been wanting to see it as well. We'll be going today at 4:10 PM eastern time.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I really don't care what critics say.  I've liked plenty of movies that have been panned by mainstream critics (Treasure Planet, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Titan A.E, Pearl Harbor).

Likewise, I've hated plenty of movies that have been applauded by mainstream critics (The Social Network, Avatar, Saving Private Ryan...)

So no, I don't take critics seriously.  I watch movies and from my own opinion.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have no expectations set on this movie. All I want is good old fashioned Pixar fun. With a premise like this I'm going to guess that it can at least deliver on that.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Then you might be disappointed, WeirdRaptor. This is Disney only. No Pixar.

I just go back from seeing the movie. It's really good. Lots of action, funny moments, twists and turns. My sister really liked it too.

Is it Pixar good? I'd say that's up to the viewers to decide. I thought it was good enough to compete with Pixar.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
What? I heard ths was Pixar. Eh, whatever.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I saw this on Friday. I really had no expectations going in, but I enjoyed this movie a lot. I'm not into video games, but I was able to understand most of the in-jokes.  :DD

One thing that I don't understand, and I don't want to step on any toes here, but why does everybody treat Toy Story as the highest pillar of quality in animated films? I mean I liked Toy Story, but it is not my favorite movie ever.  :confused

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've heard the movie has a Pixar type feel to it.  Not sure if it does or if anyone from pixar worked on it or not.  Sounds like it's a good but not great movie fun to watch.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow!  Just wow!  I just got back from the movie and I'm still freaking out about how good it was!  It seemed to hit all of the right buttons with me!

It's really a must see.  Whether or not you are a gamer, it's one you should check out.

Oh, and BTW, there's a certain popular among gamers code that makes a cameo appearance.  Keep an eye out for it. ;)

Seriously, go see it.  You won't regret it. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just saw it finally. Other than there being less game hopping that I'd have liked, it was still an excellent film. I really like Ralph, Felix, the action girl, and Penelope. I knew that that Turbo guy would be making another appearance, but I didn't foresee how.