The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

We're back a dinosaur's story

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Does anyone remember this crazy movie???In a nutshell it's like an insane mashup between Jurassic Park and The Land Before Time.I've always liked it and still do,truth to be told

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Yeah I remember this movie. I watched it as a kid but I didn't like it nearly as much as LBT.  I think the Nostalgia Critic said it best: It's the Land Before Time on crystal meth.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Oh yes, I sure do remember that one. I did watch it from time to time but like Animeboye I enjoyed LBT more. However, I really did enjoy it as a kid and I did watch it as one of 'childhood nostalgia' movies. :D

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I enjoyed the movie ovearall, though it does seem rushed to me.  Especially once it's time for them to leave the time ship thing onwards.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time after the 8th beer, 15th cigarette and 2nd joint.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
^Which reminds me. Happy 4/20 everyone!

I agree with everything you said, jansenov.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Frikkin love this movie!! Doing a fanfic of it and RP-ing it with a friend... and it's only taken me twenty years *cough cough*
while I agree the premise is strange, this movie is based on a book - I got to read it years ago, and the book didin't have any of the dark or creepy subject matter in it... spolier alert! lol
And as for the NC review, I don't like him ripping on my favorite films all that much, but yeah the review was funny.
The only issue I have wiht it is he expects everyone to act all FREAKED OUT around dinosaurs. Children won't be freaked out by dinosaurs, I mean, c'mon!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Apr 20 2013 on  09:18 PM
The Land Before Time after the 8th beer, 15th cigarette and 2nd joint.
Your quote encapsulates my thoughts on this film.  I personally was ambivalent about this film as a kid, not particularly liking or disliking it.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I loved it, and as cheesy and weird as it is, it's special to me because it's a film I saw when very young, and then rediscovered when much older. I remembered vague snippets of this film, and eventually managed to identify it when seeing it on TV as one of the many Christmas films (or perhaps it was Easter?). Same thing happened with "Once Upon A Forest", for that matter.

I think someone posted it in another thread, but have you guys seen the deleted scenes from this? John Malkovich as the original voice actor for Professor Screw-Eyes, revealing to the captured dinosaurs how he lost his eye. Funnily enough, I once wrote a theory about how he became the way he was, and it's more or less exactly the story in this scene! Weird...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCzHlm9Wr3A

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I absolutely loved this movie when I was a kid, but The Land Before Time series was so much better in every way you could think of.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm with Struteggstealer and Blitz on this one!

Are you kidding me?  I LOVE this movie, and I remember it crystal clear. I didn't know the Land Before Time even existed until 1996. I had already known "We're Back" for 2 years before I even heard anything about LBT.

I got "We're Back" new on vhs when I was in preschool in Spring 1994.

For merchandise, I used to have 1 pair of Rex pajamas when I was 4-5 years old (the pattern was Rex smiling in his golf hat, glasses, and shirt). and I also rented the video game for my Sega genesis system one weekend in 1996. I had that vhs tape all the way until we moved out in 2010. and i just bought the dvd a few days ago. : )

It's a very funny dinosaur movie, and it really tickles my funnybone! :D

Vorb the alien talking in the beginning as he feeds Rex the Brain Grain cereal... Rex riding a truck like a skateboard, Woog gorging out on hot dogs.. lol! :D

:|  I really don't appreciate the "hate" given to this movie by some. I personally love this movie.

Ptyra: Her name is "Elsa", not "Elsie".

I loved the way she flirts with Rex in the beginning and ending of the movie. heh. ^_^..especially the.. "forgive me..          i'm so flighty... "   eye close up of her reflecting in Rex's eyes. :) heh heh. :D

Another part I liked of her was during the police chase scene where she disguised herself as a gargoyle on top of one of the skyscrapers was funny after the helicopters flew away and she came out from hiding and chuckled back. :) heh heh.

I also loved her different gentle tender facial expressions while she waited outside of Cecilia's apartment window while Louie was talking with her. She has such a nice, gentle, caring, lovely personality in my opinion. :) and yes, I do blush at the close-up shots of her, too.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Just started watching it again on YT, and am almost done. This was an AMAZING MOVIE! I wanna buy this one at some point. I...can't really pick a favorite, they're all so appealing. It's good to see it again, though. I haven't seen it in too long. :smile