The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bomb Runner

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

Recently I found a story I made from way back when, and I figured it was pretty good so I decided to put it on here.

This was back in like, grade 4 or 5 for me, so it kind of sucks. But what can you do? It's set in World War II in America. So, without further ado, I give you my story.

Bomb Runner

Running was all he could think about right now. He was running to the barn to get his horse, Sam, out to the shelter.

The bomb was coming. Henry knew that it was going to hit the stable without mercy, and if he wanted himself and his horse to survive. They had to get out.

He grabbed the Halter from the hook at the door and moved, the metal cover aside, unvealing the lone stable, where a gray horse was looking around in fear.He opened the stable door and threw the halter on. But his cold hands was making the task difficult.

"Come on, come on..." He whispered. Finally, he was able to do up the last buckle, and without hesitation, he and his horse burst out the door.

He ran outside with Sam cantering beside him. Suddenly a bomb hit. Just before it was too late, Henry pulled Sam down under the porch and cowered in fear.

He was hiding from the bombings with the magnificent horse standing beside him. Once all was silent, Henry looked around, but all he saw was a barren wasteland.

Oh, Sam...Why did we have to lose everything." He sighed. Unexpectedly, he pulled himself into the gray horses mane and sobbed.

The horse looked at him with sad eyes, then nickered into the cold starless night.

The End

So how was it?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What a tragic story. It really made me lower my head in sadness. I was worried that they wouldn’t make it. What the most remarkable thing to me is the bond between Henry and Sam. I huge bomb was coming that could easily kill them, yet Henry risked being caught in it just to save Sam. Not many people would risk losing their own lives for the sake of an animal. Many people claim that they would, but when it comes right down to it, if saving a creature meant possibly losing one’s life, it likely wouldn’t be done. It may seem happy that they made it, but their home is gone, destroyed. There isn’t much left for them to live with. Still, as grandma long neck said in the third movie converted into this story: “You still have Sam, and you are still here, able to care for him.” What makes this story even more sad is its realism. This kind of thing actually happened back in those days. You wrote it very well. The grammar issues are very minute. The story was clear and provided concise feelings. You did a good job. I liked reading your story.

After reviewing my story, we’re even now.  :p

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Jan 7 2011 on  03:14 AM
What a tragic story. It really made me lower my head in sadness. I was worried that they wouldn’t make it. What the most remarkable thing to me is the bond between Henry and Sam. I huge bomb was coming that could easily kill them, yet Henry risked being caught in it just to save Sam. Not many people would risk losing their own lives for the sake of an animal. Many people claim that they would, but when it comes right down to it, if saving a creature meant possibly losing one’s life, it likely wouldn’t be done. It may seem happy that they made it, but their home is gone, destroyed. There isn’t much left for them to live with. Still, as grandma long neck said in the third movie converted into this story: “You still have Sam, and you are still here, able to care for him.” What makes this story even more sad is its realism. This kind of thing actually happened back in those days. You wrote it very well. The grammar issues are very minute. The story was clear and provided concise feelings. You did a good job. I liked reading your story.

After reviewing my story, we’re even now.  :p
Thanks dude. I wrote this in like, grade 4 or whatever so it sucks I know. And I guess we are even. Thanks for the review.