The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Will the TV Series be continued?

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Nah, definitely it's not. The franchise is just plain extinct now (lame pun), but I wish they could make a new film that would act as the grand finale to clear LBT's name after the disaster Wisdom of Friends was, something that would be more faithful to the source material while keeping the sequels lighthearted tone. But, well, it's all over and Littlefoot's story has ended, so, yeah, this shall never happen, unless in an alternate reality

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Negative, I have gotten my minions out and they are making a new film called The Land Before Time XIV: Journey of the Heart.  

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Nah, definitely it's not. The franchise is just plain extinct now (lame pun), but I wish they could make a new film that would act as the grand finale to clear LBT's name after the disaster Wisdom of Friends was, something that would be more faithful to the source material while keeping the sequels lighthearted tone. But, well, it's all over and Littlefoot's story has ended, so, yeah, this shall never happen, unless in an alternate reality
Uhm yes, did you miss the news? Since last November we actually did receive solid and credible information that against all expectations and probability there actaully WILL be a 14th land before time movie.
It appears we are living in that alternate reality you referred too ;)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 8 2015 on  01:25 PM
It appears we are living in that alternate reality you referred too ;)
What? That's absured! Next you'll be telling me the Cold War is still goin... Oh, no, no, no. :slap

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
they arent reviving a 8 year old tv series. there'll be a new movie, and we'll see after that.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, they could create a new one that took place where the other one left off.   :p

(And they just revived an 8-year dead film series so Never Say Never.   ;)  )

fanciful_flyer

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://https://reia73.wordpress.com/
I sure hope they do. :( We need more episodes, lol - and there are still some characters they have opportunities to reintroduce. :) We've seen Doc, Hyp, Mutt, and Nod, but it'd be cool to see episodes that reintroduce characters like Pterano, Rinkus, Sierra, Ozzy, Strut...So much potential!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Not likely.  Like with all shows, a low budget totally kills them.  You could tell the budget for LBT 13 was much lower than the budget for previous sequels, and the TV series' budget was like $5 an episode.  

Pretty much ALL films and TV series that are wildly successful had huge budgets.  Some examples include Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Harry Potter, etc.  

You reap what you sow.  If you give a show a dog sh*t budget, you're going to get dog sh*t.  

I'm not saying that all shows that have big budgets will be a guaranteed success, but they're MUCH more likely to become popular.  I hope Universal has realized this and throws a good amount of money at LBT 14.  Otherwise I fear it might be another flop and LBT might be dead forever.  Still, I couldn't stand the fact that it died on the 13th movie.  The 14th would be much better.  Though honestly I'm hoping for as many sequels as they can make.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm certain it will have a second season but with more continuities and better plots.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
For now, I will have to say no. However, the announcement of LBT 14 has certainly opened the door to new possibilities, so we'll see.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope if it happens that Guido joins the main cast.

BeanoMaster

• Ruby
    • View Profile

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't see them bringing back the tv series, they probably left it in the dust unfortunately. I don't think their will be a tv series in general, but if they were to start up one it would be a new series. Although I don't know how they'd work that out, that is probably the only case when it comes to the tv series. Unfortunately I think their won't be one.
8 years with TGOF :yum

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah perhaps the tv series won't be continued. At least will be getting a new movie
Life Is Good

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Even though Journey of the Brave (as it's now officially called) is going to be released soon, I don't think they'll be reviving the show. It's been eight years since the series had its "hiatus" and since it's been such a long time, I don't think they'll see need to bring it back especially since, from what I've heard, it didn't bring in much of an audience.

Part of the issue I saw with the TV series was that it came out at the wrong time. By the time it was released, LBT wasn't bringing Universal a profit anymore. People just weren't interested in LBT anymore. Had it been released sometime in the 90's when Land Before Time was at its peak I think the show would have had a better chance. Probably better animation too.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That brings up an interesting point. If the ratings for the tv series were so low, Journey of the Brave may very well be many people's first introduction to Ruby.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
More than likely which is why I'm hoping since she and Chomper will be in this movie, I hope they'll be able to provide her with an adequate backstory that will explain how she knows Chomper, where Chomper's parents are and what the deal was with Red Claw.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Aug 25 2015 on  02:33 PM
Even though Journey of the Brave (as it's now officially called) is going to be released soon, I don't think they'll be reviving the show. It's been eight years since the series had its "hiatus" and since it's been such a long time, I don't think they'll see need to bring it back especially since, from what I've heard, it didn't bring in much of an audience.

Part of the issue I saw with the TV series was that it came out at the wrong time. By the time it was released, LBT wasn't bringing Universal a profit anymore. People just weren't interested in LBT anymore. Had it been released sometime in the 90's when Land Before Time was at its peak I think the show would have had a better chance. Probably better animation too.
I definitely agree 100% it would have been a great series in the 90's!
8 years with TGOF :yum

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Short answer: no.
Long answer: If Firefly never got its second season, then this does not have a chance in Hell.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf