The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

An official greeting

JulianR94

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/6968782/
Greetings everyone!
I have already introduced myself a little bit in the FanFiction section of this forum, but I figured it would not hurt saying hello here as well. :)

So, my name is Julian, I'm 21 years old and from Germany. I have always been a massive fan of dinosaurs (especially the various raptors, theropods in general really, and of course the mighty T-Rex), ever since my childhood days. I watched a few of the LBT movies but of course I didn't have the luxury of high-speed internet back then, so it was only until recently that I saw them all plus the TV series and really enjoyed it. This got me even into the whole FanFiction business, I am working on my own right now, but that's a topic I've already made a post about. ;)

Anyway, I hope to be finding some interesting people here as well as maybe some new stuff to read or watch!

See ya around.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Hello Julian, I'm Midnight. Very nice to meet you :)!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Hello there or Guten Tag as your from Germany.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Willkommen bei uns JulianR94 :)
Freut mich zu sehen, dass die LBT Fangemeinde auch in Deutschland aktiv bleibt ;)
(translation: I'm glad to see the LBT fan community remains active in Germany as well  ;)).
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community. Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes
May I ask round about which region of Germany you are living in? I'm in the eastern part of the Ruhrgebiet myself. Of course there is absolutely no obligation whatsoever to respond to this and I am not prying for any exact addresses or anything. I'm just curious whenever there is another fan from Germany as to whether or not he or she may be living not too far away from where I am (so far the fans from Germany always seem to be distributed far over the country rather than within easy reaching distance).

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Hi Julian! Welcome to the Gang of Five! I hope you have lots of fun and enjoy your time here with us. :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

JulianR94

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
First of all, thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :)

Quote from: Malte279,Aug 31 2015 on  01:39 PM
May I ask round about which region of Germany you are living in? I'm in the eastern part of the Ruhrgebiet myself. Of course there is absolutely no obligation whatsoever to respond to this and I am not prying for any exact addresses or anything. I'm just curious whenever there is another fan from Germany as to whether or not he or she may be living not too far away from where I am (so far the fans from Germany always seem to be distributed far over the country rather than within easy reaching distance).

I'm from good old NRW, living near D¸sseldorf.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Wow, that's the closest anyone (any GOF member that is) ever lived to my Bochum home.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hi! Welcome! I hope you look forward to your experience here!
8 years with TGOF :yum

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Julian and welcome to the Gang of Five! Have a nice time here :wave

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GOF. The TRex is actually my favorite dinosaur. Hope you have a great time here  :yes
Life Is Good

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello again.  :wave It is nice to see you on the forum.  I don't think that I have asked you before, but which LBT characters are your favorite and least favorite?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF! :DD I'm also from Germany btw ^^
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Always great to see a new member on here.  I find the various types of raptors neat.  I guess Chomper is one of the characters you like a lot?

JulianR94

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus on  
Hello again. It is nice to see you on the forum. I don't think that I have asked you before, but which LBT characters are your favorite and least favorite?
Quote from: Kor on  
Always great to see a new member on here. I find the various types of raptors neat. I guess Chomper is one of the characters you like a lot?
If you count the TV series then I'd have to say Chomper and Ruby. Of course I do like the original gang of five as a whole as well, but Chomper and Ruby both add some spice. Carnivore and omnivore, I think that says it all. Maybe Ruby is even my favorite. What can I say? I love my raptors. :smile
And then there's Guido. He's quite the odd character but I do like how he behaves and of course his appearance. He was the first feathered dinosaur that appeared in LBT, as far as I'm concerned, as well so that's another thing.

I don't really dislike any of the characters, I don't even think that's really possible as the series does not contain actions of murder, hate or deceit, which would be the criteria I need to dislike someone. Maybe Sierra and Rinkus, if anything. And well, I used to really dislike Topps for his attitude but that changed into respect later on as his character progressed throughout the series. Other than that, maybe Kosh? I mean, Ankylosaurs are awesome, "prehistoric tanks" after all, but he is just one massive douche throughout the whole series. :D

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Willkommen in der GoF :)

(yes I'm from Germany as well ;) )

Hope you have a good time here. :)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Might be a bit late, but welcome to the GOF! Hope you have a pleasant stay!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do like how Tops changed through out the movie series instead of staying a static personality.  

And in Kosh I think they used the right amount, without it being to much, including in the tv series.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Aaaaaand I'm late to the topic as usual. Anyway, welcome! We're all glad to have you aboard, and it's cool to see another theropod fan as well. I've always been more of a Sauropod loyalist myself, but theropods have always been awesome to me as well. All that finally said, enjoy your stay here!

JulianR94

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Thanks again!

Quote from: Fyn16,Sep 2 2015 on  04:49 PM
Aaaaaand I'm late to the topic as usual. Anyway, welcome! We're all glad to have you aboard, and it's cool to see another theropod fan as well. I've always been more of a Sauropod loyalist myself, but theropods have always been awesome to me as well. All that finally said, enjoy your stay here!
Ahh it's no problem! :D
Matter of fact, it was one of your fanfictions (Where Paths Diverge) that brought me quite a big step closer to where I am now. You know, getting back into the whole LBT and writing my own fanfictions. ;)

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: JulianR94,Sep 2 2015 on  12:19 PM
Thanks again!

Quote from: Fyn16,Sep 2 2015 on  04:49 PM
Ahh it's no problem! :D
Matter of fact, it was one of your fanfictions (Where Paths Diverge) that brought me quite a big step closer to where I am now. You know, getting back into the whole LBT and writing my own fanfictions. ;)
Awesome, great to hear! I'd certainly be willing to give your work a read if I can get the time. I'm trying to force myself to be more critical, though. so if I ever come across as overly nitpicky, you'll know why  :rolleyes: