The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask FBS' Pets

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Terror: Mice, mice, and more mice.

Monster: Meal worms, definitely the mealworms.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Fluffy, Spazz, Morphius, Terror, Fudge, sugar gliders, gerbils, and bugs: How well did you get along when you were living in the same house?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Buggies: We were kept in our own room, thankfully.

Fluffy: So long as they leave me alone when I want to be alone, I'm happy.... *as if that ever happened :rolleyes: *

Spazz: Everyone is my personal play toy and they're so much fun, fun, fun even when they want me to go away!!! I love them!!
Me: Just keep her in her cage when the 'prey' animals come out to play....
Spazz: *randomly bounds off for her little war dance*

Morphius: Luckily, my tank is too large and heavy for any of them to move or break in. And if I stay still and boring, maybe they'll leave me alone.....

Terror: I hardly meet the others, but when I do....MAKE THEM GO AWAY!!! *coils up in fear*

Fudge: I'm chilled with everyone, so long as they respect my fur!!

Sugar Gliders: Everyone is a landing pad the way we see it! :D

Gerbils: We must harrass them unnecessarily on our explorations!!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Feb 12 2011 on  03:46 PM
Fudge: I'm chilled with everyone, so long as they respect my fur!!
Fudge: What does “respecting your fur” entail?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Fudge: Concerning other pets....Make sure they don't groom me or spread dirt into my coat or mouth at my fur or anything like that.  <_< If you're a human, don't touch me with your messy, ungroomed hands so much!  :blink: If you wanna pet me, you must wash your strange-looking paws very cleanly and please, dry them extra good; don't get me even the slightest bit wet 'cause water is my worst enemy! Don't you dare try to brush me either, as I personally don't like brushes....Combs are better, but I still don't like them; I can groom myself just fine with my regular dust-baths. And please, pet gently and don't try to dig into my fur so much. Follow those guidelines, and we can be good friends! :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ Lemme guess: people and other pets not treating your fur properly is what annoys you the most, right? So what scares you the most?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Fudge: Yes! You must respect the fur, or I might have to give you a warning nip. Water is my worst fear because it will destroy my fur and all the hard work I put in maintaining it.... :(  :cry

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Spazz, what would you say is the most mischievous thing you've ever done? :p

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Spazz: Let's see here......Besides stealing everything I can get my teeth on, sneaking into the drawers and the refrigerator to make a mess, leaving a trail of destruction wherever I go :D , and getting in everyone's nerves for my own amusement (I've been scruffed so many times from my human's dad...)?  :p Squeezing under the door to trash the bug room was memorable. I managed to knock down two of the mantids' home and the assassin's home and was trying to find a way to get to the Tiger beetle tank. Unfortunately my human caught me before I can do any real damage or come in true contact with the buggies.....Then she blocked off the door so I can't go back in... But I kept on trying to break in again, all the way until the day our humans had to leave.... That was one of the few times my human was genuinely mad at me; luckily, she can't stay mad with my spazzy cuteness!! :DD

Me: Thankfully, none of the bugs were injured; frightened out of their buggy minds, maybe, but they were okay! :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Feb 12 2011 on  11:30 PM
Thankfully, none of the bugs were injured; frightened out of their buggy minds, maybe, but they were okay! :)
That's a relief. :yes

Okay, Spazz, we know you’re pretty good at annoying and scaring other creatures, :p but is there anything that annoys or scares you?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes it was. I almost had a heart attack when it happened....

Spazz: I'm generally fearless, but I'm scared of one thing and one thing only: .....................When play-times over and I have to go back in my cage; the HORROR :blink: !! What annoys me is when the humans ruin my fun and scruff me. I don't like 'rules' and 'discipline' <_< .

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Buggies: Besides (I'm guessing) Spazz, for those of you who knew him, what things scare and annoy you the most?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Tiger Beetles: When someone rudely opens the tank and tries to grab us. We hate it when that happens!!

Mantids: Our human's sister annoys us, mostly 'cause she bothers us without the reward of food....

Assassin Bug: I've met with no fear, but one annoyance came when my human's sister tried to take my food before I was done.
Me: She said you took your beak out.
Assassin Bug: But if I'm holding it, it's still my food. Either way, she tried to pick me up, no doubt to wrestle the food away from me and she had what was coming to her.
Me: And thus starting that phobia....

Takeo: I find little annoyance, but I fear one day losing a battle... -_-

Antlion: What annoys me is my food getting away....

Ants: What annoys/scares us is the prospect of our colony being damaged or destoyed.
Amazons: Our fear is running out of slaves.
Slaves: Our annoyance is when the Amazons constantly pester us for food while we work and they do nothing but groom. <_<

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Caramel, Domino, mantises, tiger beetles, and antlion: About how old are you?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Domino: I'm around 6 months old
Caramel: Just a little past the 4 year old line.... (my little old lady's reaching the end of her rope.... :cry )

Buggies: She got us all roughly around the same time, about 8 months ago.
Tiger Beetles: We were still larvae when she got us.
Mantids: So what? She got us when we were eggs, so nyah!  :nyah  
Tiger Beetles:  :anger
Mantids:  :anger
Antlion:  :bang
Me: Guys, this isn't a competition!! :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm expecting the tiger beetles to bite the dust soon and will probably last another month if I'm lucky; the mantids should last a few months longer. The antlion should get to be three years old before he matures and has to be released.

Great News: Inspired by my A Bugs Life obsession, I've done some research (which wielded interesting results inspiring me even further) and I'm gonna buy a new tank and supplies tomorrow! Then, I'mma catch me a grasshopper, preferably a nymph. What's the interesting result that strengthens my resolve to have one: orthopterans (the groups containing katydids, crickets, and grasshoppers) are one of the few insects that can be tamed, like the mantids!! So expect it to be added to the list soon!!  :DD

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(I know you're grieving for Caramel right now, so it's no problem if you take a few days to answer this question. I just thought I'd post one on the off-chance that answering it would make you feel better in some way.)

To all pets: How did you get your names, and what do you think of them?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay, I think I'm better enough to answer now. You and the others here certainly are of great help. I've also been drawing and writing of my favorite things to help me feel better and I think it's working.

Fluffy: My human's mom named me cause she always wanted it as a cat's name. I personally think the name's for girl kitties.... <_<

Spazz: My human named me for the typical ferret behavior. I don't think she was disappointed. :D

Shoogy and Gliga: Our human's sister named us based on what we are. We don't mind, but we think she can be a bit more creative.

Fuz-Bal: My human's sister suggested the name Fuzz-Bucket, which my human turned to Fuzz-Ball, then misspelled it for a cuter name. I'm confused on how misspelling it would make it cuter, but I'll go along with it.
Boba: She named me after those sweet round things she loves so much. Though I myself never really tried it...

Terror: My human's mom named me, cuz I think she's scared of me. I think the name's misleading, but it's stuck now...

Monster: Same reason as Terror, but it doesn't bother me much.

Justin: My human's parents named me for reasons I have no idea of...

Fudge: After the chocolate syrup stuff. It was a spur-of-the-moment kind of name.

Rainbow: I wasn't a rainbow color at all, but she loved my coloration nonetheless and gave me the name. It makes me feel good, personally.

Morphius: My previous owner, who was my human's science teacher, named me after that Matrix movie. I never really understood, but I guess it's good to be named from the teacher's favorite movie. My human just decided to keep it although she's never seen the movie herself. But she does call me Morphy more often than my actual name.

Marble, Caramel, and Domino: Our human named all three of us for our coloration. We like the names as it almost always means 'treat time', so we always come when called.

The Buggies (Most are unnamed either cuz I couldn't tell them apart, or cuz I ran out of good, suiting ones; the ones listed here are those with the names or....'nicknames') :

Tiger beetles
Migoto: She named me that cause of my beautiful patterns. I think it's suitable.
Jolt, Dart, Speedy, and Blur: She named us for our speed. Of which we are very proud of, so we are proud of those names.
Snail: Though mine's supposed to be ironic. It ticks me off. :anger

Mantids
Aithne: My human's friend named me, and although my human doesn't actually know what it means, she thought it sounded pretty and exotic. So it stuck.
Twiggy: She basically named me for what I remind her of... <_<
Churro: She named me for the mexican baked good that she loves.
Samurai: She named me as an 'opposite' of ninja, which she frequently associates us mantids as.

Takeo: She named me for the japanese word of 'strong, valiant male'. I guess it's alright since it pretty much describes me.

Antlion: I don't have an actual name, but sometimes she does call me Sugar Bowl for my previous home, or Apep after her antlion OC. It's some egyptian demon thing... But, no, I don't have an official name

Assassin Bug: Don't have a name either, but her sister refers to me as 'The Thing', emphasis included. My human playfully does the same thing sometimes. Either way, I take it as a compliment.

I just thought I'd post one on the off-chance that answering it would make you feel better in some way.

Surprisingly, it did make me feel better. Thanks. :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Feb 23 2011 on  05:48 PM
I just thought I'd post one on the off-chance that answering it would make you feel better in some way.
Surprisingly, it did make me feel better. Thanks. :)
Glad to hear it. :)

Spazz: How do you think you compare in spazziness to your human? :p

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Spazz: Well, I think I'm spazzier! I'm asleep for most of the day, yes, but I pack my waking hours full of fun-ness!!!! More fun-ness than my human can possibly put in her waking hours!! :lol:
Me: :rolleyes:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What spazzy things do you do, exactly? :p