The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bron's feelings on his wife's death

Guest · 6 · 1490

Bruton the Iguanodon

We all know what Littlefoot went through after his mom died, but no one's really thought of what it was like for Bron. I read this in a topic and it got me to thinking about ti:

Once again, I look at what Bron was going through after he learned about his wife's death. When you lose someone you care about, you don't tend to be thinking straight; your mind is clouded. Even things that are so obvious seem to alude you. And losing a partner is one of the most devastating things that can happen. It is a life-changing experience, in a negative way.

Bron probably fell into depression, just like Littlefoot did. Perhaps Bron forgot about asking directions because of his loss and his guilt about leaving in the first place. And when you don't think about something for a long time, it can disappear from your mind, or be pushed far back into your mind. This probably happened to Bron.

This is a really well thought out thought on it. "When you lose someone you care about, you don't tend to be thinking straight; your mind is clouded. Even things that are so obvious seem to alude you." He/she is completely right there---Littlefoot's mom's death was clearly not her fault, yet it seemed to allude Littlefoot.

"And losing a partner is one of the most devastating things that can happen. It is a life-changing experience, in a negative way." I have never had, let alone lost a partner, yet I've read enough books and seen enough movies---"Titanic", "Forrest Gump", "The Time Traveler's Wife"---that I know what those people go through. And then there's the dying person to consider---if they know they're about to die, like Momma Longneck was, you know you're leaving the ones you love with so much grief. For this reason I believe that Momma Longneck could have let herself pass out and die, but held on through the pain in case her son was looking for her, and held on to every last second she had to tell him what he needed to do and that she'd be with him.

But I'm straying from my point.

Do you think he went through as deep of a depression as Littlefoot? Or do you thik the fact that he simply heard that she had died, and did not see her die before his eyes, like Littlefoot, may have made it less painful (not that hearing someone you love die isn't painful, of course.) I've made a topic on Grandpa and Bron never crying, but I would be seriously surprised if he didn't cry upon finding out what had happened to his wife. So I think he would have gone through a deep depression...maybe  not as deep as Littlefoot's but if we were to see it, it would be painful to watch nonetheless, seeing an adult longneck break down.

I may have to do a fanfic on this.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Interesting analogies! And me thinkin' all the time, all the time thinkin' and me think this! What did Bron feel about Grandma and Grandpa? I mean technically they were Momma Longneck's parents (i'd assume), but still. I don't remember any mention of Bron's parents.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I'm quite positive he did. If he cares about Littlefoot, then he should care about his mate.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Aug 5 2015 on  05:57 PM
I'm quite positive he did. If he cares about Littlefoot, then he should care about his mate.
Well, I'm hoping whatever awaits LBT in the future, Journey of the Brave or otherwise, will take the opportunity to elaborate on this.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Aug 5 2015 on  08:51 PM
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Aug 5 2015 on  05:57 PM
Well, I'm hoping whatever awaits LBT in the future, Journey of the Brave or otherwise, will take the opportunity to elaborate on this.
I hope so too. LBT 10 left some questions unanswered, and if what I heard about a particular amount of people not liking it is true, then yes, I really would like LBT 14 to fix that, because I absolutely LOVED LBT 10 despite whatever flaws it had.