The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What you don't like

rosie · 81 · 17307

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
uh the movies that I really dislike was the 13th one.
Land Before Time use to be movies that attracted every  age. But now it only focuses on Preschool watchers.  <_<
I like the 1-10 because it  tought many people from different ages lessons. like Family, friendship, sharing, etc. and the movies were much darker because it had fights, scarier sharpteeth, and close deaths.
I mean Red Claw in the episode "the cave of many voices" he was such a coward to be scared like that. I mean none of the Sharpteeth before were that cowardly.

Lilfut

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/JD_Fan_Forum/index.php?showuser=1
Why doesn't Petrie solve every problem?

The gang gets trapped? Send Petrie back to the Valley to tell the grown-ups. Small but important trinket (i.e. Chomper's tooth) falls of a cliff or is too high to reach? Let Petrie go up/down and get it.

We know he can, in the shiny stone episode he ran back to tell the others while dodging magma from an active volcano.

I guess that'd make things too easy. :rolleyes:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ If it were that obvious there would be no story. :rolleyes  Back to the drawing board...

Lilfut

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah, well, they could at least try to justify it. Maybe injure his wing at the beginning. As it stands, though, I have to laugh everytime there's:

"Oh no! Ducky fell down a cliff!"
"Me not know what to do!"

While he flies right next to Littlefoot's head, being strong enough to grab her. I swear, if someone donated a nickel to charity every time something like that happens, we wouldn't need charity anymore.

Lilfut

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Another case: all of Stranger from the Mysterious Above. Fly down the hole and find out what Spike's doing, you idiot!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lilfut,Aug 24 2009 on  07:16 AM
Why doesn't Petrie solve every problem?

The gang gets trapped? Send Petrie back to the Valley to tell the grown-ups. Small but important trinket (i.e. Chomper's tooth) falls of a cliff or is too high to reach? Let Petrie go up/down and get it.

We know he can, in the shiny stone episode he ran back to tell the others while dodging magma from an active volcano.

I guess that'd make things too easy. :rolleyes:
yes, it's one of the cases where writers don't think of the full ramifications or capabilities of certain characters.  Same with certain other characters in other places.  Like with the Flash & Superman.  The full speed they have they should be able to move so fast they could literally wrap up all their foes like mummies in a millionth of a second, or a tenth at the very slowest.  

Also in Lbt, like a lot of juvenile fiction, having incompetent adults, like in lbt 3, no adult, not even a flyer thought to go themselves, or with a few friends, to see if maybe the water is blocked from getting into the Great Valley, & same thing in the lbt tv episode where Mo appeared?  Every adult would rather argue, like in lbt 7, rather then go and rescue Ducky, and other examples from other movies.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lilfut,Sep 1 2009 on  08:23 AM
Another case: all of Stranger from the Mysterious Above. Fly down the hole and find out what Spike's doing, you idiot!
That, too, would be too easy :rolleyes:.

Lilfut

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Of course, SftMA had plenty other problems (Spike is a god? Seriously?), but Petrie talking about the terrible things that must be happening down there takes the cake.

INCOMING VISUAL PUN

:birthday

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, you want to know what I hate about the TV Series?  How badly we were ripped off with it!

Think about it for a second.  Good Episodes without songs that completely ruined it were far and few between.  When they came out on DVD, we were only given 4 Episodes per DVD.  With 26 Episodes, that's 6 DVDs with 2 Episodes leftover.  So, even with buying them, you don't get them all.

What's even worse, is that we in the US were REALLY ripped off.  We did get a 25th with the help of it being a Bonus Feature in LBT 13.

So, where's the 26th?  You have to go and download it off of LBTlover's site.  Nice!  You can't legally buy it because there's NO DVD that has it.

Remember, this is for the US.  We were totally ripped off!

What they should have done is simple, 2 DVDs with 13 Episodes each.  I'm sure they could have been compacted quite well without the quality being lowered. (If not, they could have been made into dual-layer easily.) Even better, if they were willing to do Blu-Ray, they could have done ALL 26 on one disc and pack the extra space with Bonus Features.  Simplicity like that can easily be capitalized on.

Big potential opportunity missed if you ask me.  Instead, they chose to rip us off.  Makes me quite mad. :angry:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
^ That IS annoying. I remember when I was buying the DVDs (which I also thought were annoyingly expensive, considering how few episodes are on each one), I was thinking, "Six DVDs; aren't there 26 episodes? One of these must have five episodes on it..." When I found out that there wasn't, my first thought (apart from that the DVD people really short-changed the LBT fans) was, "Whoever was in charge of dividing up the episodes must have failed math class horrendously." :rolleyes

It also seems bizarre to me that the DVD titled "Good Times, Good Friends" lacks a single episode in which that song is actually sung. :slap

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They should have released the whole season in one package, for a single price without having small little 4 packs.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
If you want to complain about non realistic, then start with LBT 7. Were the rainbowfaces aliens or what?

I thought LBT X had a really great plot idea, but it was kind of ruined. Maybe if the plot was more revolved around Littlefoot meeting Bron and the conflict between him and Shorty would have sufficed. The whole lunar eclipse or solar eclipse was a little much.

Anyway, only certain songs were terrible, but I can understand why Universal wanted to go the more childish path since they were trying to relate to kids more. Keep the really good songs like Always There, No One Has to Be Alone, If We Hold On Together, and Bestest Friends, and get rid of the stupid songs like Oops Eeps, Bad Luck, and Creepy Crawlies. Heck even Girls and Dads was tollerable.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Besides the cavernous plot hole involving Ruby and Chomper, and the overused, repetitive, and often infantile songs, the thing that may have bothered me the most about the TV series was Chomper whenever he spoke Sharptooth. In his first two appearances, all the lines he spoke in his native language consisted of either stock recordings of various animal calls (e.g., polar bear cubs), or convincingly natural-sounding squeaks, growls, and grunts provided by voice actor Rob Paulsen. In the TV series, his roars and growls are also performed by his voice actor, but in such a blatantly onomatopoeic fashion that they sound utterly ridiculous, especially compared to the vocalizations of the series’ numerous non-speaking sharptooth characters, such as Red Claw, Screech, and Thud. I honestly cringe every time Chomper “speaks Sharptooth” in the TV series, and frankly, I find it hard to respect him as a sharptooth (if that doesn’t make sense, I mean that I have trouble thinking of him as a sharptooth, and not just another leafeater who happens to eat insects), simply because his linguistic handling of his native tongue sounds so phony. :bang

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Sep 1 2009 on  06:33 PM
Quote from: Lilfut,Sep 1 2009 on  08:23 AM
That, too, would be too easy :rolleyes:.
It's just that episode was retarded as Spike himself(no offense to Spike fans)
It's just that episode Stranger from the Mysterious above was retarded as Spike himself(no offense to Spike fans)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't think Spike is actually retarded.

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
What I hate about LBT is it's tv-series(26 episodes) such low quality, repeating songs with also low quality not like in movies, where almost everything's PERFECT
And 1 thing I hate about TLBT the most is some people who say like " I watched 1-st movie and loved it, but they ruined Land Before Time with crappy sequels" or
"I didn't know there are so much sequels of LBT and I'm glad I didn't watch them"
or " I watched LBT 1-5,  and don't wanna watch the others"
I think the sequels became most great since The Stone of Cold Fire and just hate people who judge on first sequels like Great valley Adventure, which is the only sequel which I didn't like, movies 2-6 were very childish, but most of others are very, I'd even say EXTREMELY great VII-XII, I think they look more family-like, not only for little children, as series(2007) looks  :anger  :confused

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fair enough. Me being a fan of the series itself will never be a fan of the '1st movie and no more' comments, though I do see why that is the best of all to many.

dragoonanime

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I thought that the first five sequels were pretty dark. The thing I didn't like about the tv series was that the guest characters from the movies had their personalties changed why too much.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I agree with dragonanime; I do consider the earlier sequels to be darker. The perils they faced in the earlier movies (drought, fire burning down the valley, Littlefoot's grandpa nearly dying of a nearly incurable disease, valley food getting all eaten up) seem more severe than most of what they faced in the later movies (the only really severe thing I can think of that occurs in the later sequels is in LBT 8 when the valley freezes over). The later sequels become more child-oriented, so the amount of peril the gang faced was reduced, in my opinion.

Of the sequels, LBT5 is my favorite because of the different side of sharpteeth that it portrays. Very rarely do we see sharpteeth shown as more than just predatory dinosaurs. LBT5 gave us a glimpse at family life for sharpteeth. It's a shame that we rarely see this side of sharpteeth.