The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

So Jungle Book was also good.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Why is it that Disney seems to be the only company releasing movies that I want to see these days? Star Wars 7, Zootopia, and the new Jungle Book have made up the entirety of my enjoyable theater-going experience this year (and with almost a third of the year gone, that is not a good sign for the rest of the industry). Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, BFG, and Rogue One will probably be the remainder of my silver screen experience this year, because heaven knows nothing else looks good.

So The Jungle Book. Its always a worrying sign when you see a child actor having to interact with CGI creations in the trailer, but this kid pulled it off like a regular Haley Joel Osment. The animals all looked really good, the story was tight and coherent, the pacing was spot-on, the humor was well placed and funny, and the celebrity voices actually did a great job bringing their characters to life. The one I was the most critical of was Bill Murray, because Phil Harris as Baloo in Disney's first adaptation of the book is basically a cinematic legend. I still prefer Harris, but Murray was good, too. See, was this Bill Murray actually TRYING (...for once). It goes without saying Idris Elba was brilliant as Shere Kahn, because Elba. The film got pretty dark in a few moments, but that is to be expected of the material. Overall, its a fun, funny, and heart-warming experience. The House of Mouse knocked it out of the ballpark again.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Now this I'm not gonna pay for either. But I thought the trailer looked alright. So I might Check this movie out someday.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've been waiting for this one.  Gonna go see it Tuesday if nothing comes up.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Gonna see it today in theatres. Will let you know what I think about it (spoler-free of course)
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 17 2016 on  07:28 AM
If someone posts it online I'll see it.
That's illegal and we don't encourage that here.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 16 2016 on  03:36 PM
Now this I'm not gonna pay for either. But I thought the trailer looked alright. So I might Check this movie out someday.
Stop that, now. That is illegal and against the rules of this website. If you have nothing to contribute other than bragging about stealing from others, then you can reframe from participating at all.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
AFan, if you do not stop commenting like that. we will have no choice but to ban you. we do not condone  illegal streaming, downloading or any kind of piracy. Period.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah okay sorry about that. Even tho many reviewers didn't care for the movie is it still worth watching and seeing? Many say it's pretty bad.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 18 2016 on  08:57 PM
Ah okay sorry about that. Even tho many reviewers didn't care for the movie is it still worth watching and seeing? Many say it's pretty bad.
92% positive on Rotten Tomatoes and Richard Roper gave it 3 1/2 stars.  I'm not seeing many negative reviews.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just got back from the movie.  Wow!  Not only are the visuals amazing considering that everything is CGI,  but the choreography was pretty impressive as well.  It made me believe that Mowgli was seriously interacting with all those CGI animals and objects that weren't really there.

And the movie does a pretty good job of staying faithful to both the Disney movie and the source material as well.  I really liked Bagheera and Baloo.  Sher Khan was definitely a lot more menacing here than he was in the animated version, and I'm saying this as someone who loves the animated film.  King Louie was also a lot more menacing here.  I like how the wolves played a bigger part in the movie too.  All in all, it was pretty good, and certainly better than some of the other live actions remakes Disney has done recently.

Now, ever since I saw the first trailer for this film, I had high expectations for it and it certainly didn't disappoint.  I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out on video.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay soon I'll get to the theater and watch it. Since I loved the animated movie.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I went and saw this today, and I agree with what others have posted about the movie.  I, too, was worried about the CGI, but it was pulled off pretty well!

I thought Kaa was done pretty well, especially with the hypnotism element.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just realised I forgot to review this :bang

Well, I never knew the original Jungle Book movie (or the book for that matter...). I saw the original a while after seeing the remake at the cinema and I must say it was pretty bad compared to the new movie. I know it's old but I'm not referring to the animation. It's just the details and the improved story that make the remake a lot better.
Usually, one has to be careful about remakes of old classics but in this case, Disney has absolutely nailed it! Great movie :D

(OT: If they (re-)made LBT in this style, I would approve of it :))

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
What details and parts of the story did you feel were improved upon?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Most prominently, the relationship between Mogli and the wolves and the final fight against Shere Khan. That one was pretty epic! Shere Khan's motivation to kill Mogli is also better explained imo...
The scene at the end (spoiler to those who haven't seen it yet!) of the elephants taking out the fire by amending the course of a river was also very interesting. Their role seems a bit different than in the original where they were basically portraited as soldiers...

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Still haven't seen it I'll try to see it soon.