The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Things you like that everyone hates

Ptyra · 58 · 5329

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't blame him on that. Neither would I.

I just saw the new Winnie The Pooh Movie. And I liked it a lot actually. It wasn't the best but it was good.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lillefot,Sep 2 2011 on  05:37 PM
This will sound bizarre.
I like Blood Pudding. It's a swedish dish so I doubt many of you have tried it.
It's made of pig blood. (Lots of iron.)
I find it tasty (especially with bacon or fried potato), but I know many does not.
When Patrick (Nimrod) was visiting me for the first time, I offered him some.
He did not accept that offer. :P:
I had some made with goats blood before. It's not as bad as it sounds.

I like eating raw eggs. I know I run the risk of salmonella, but I prefer my eggs raw.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I like the movie "The Legend of the Titanic". Everyone on the GOF hates this movie - except me (and my friends. I watched this movie with my friends when I was younger, and they also liked that movie, so I don't see why this movie is so hated. Of course it is not the true story of the Titanic and it is quite unrealistic, but it is not supposed to be the true story of the Titanic.).
Heck, I even drew fan comics of this movie when I was young. I would really like to watch the German version of this movie again.
However, I've never seen the sequel to this movie (maybe because that movie was never released in Germany).

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I heard some people do like eating raw eggs. I can't remember why though. I think there is some kind of health benefit.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Sep 3 2011 on  05:49 AM
I heard some people do like eating raw eggs. I can't remember why though. I think there is some kind of health benefit.
It's also a cultural custom in some parts of the world.

As for things I like that everybody hates...  Well, one food I like that other westerners seem to hate is natto.  They're stringy fermented soybeans you normally put on rice.  Sure, I like sushi and ramen.  But there's a certain feeling of awesomeness when I can eat a tasteless food that looks like snot without batting an eyelash and everyone around me wrinkles their noses. :lol

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. Probably one of the most glitched games ever to be released. But I looked past that and found the game to be fun and the storyline good. A bit confusing at times, but still good.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dino Squad. It's not that well known of a show and lasted only two seasons (which were all that were ordered), and it doesn't garner many ratings. Some are positive, but not much. The score is really low on IMDB last I had checked.

While I do agree it has its faults, and that the show could have been better than what it was, I still liked it. The concept was interesting, and it could have been a more epic show if done right. But it, sadly, fell victim to having the wrong people work on it. Seriously, at times, it didn't feel like the people making the show really cared about what they were doing. :p

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Sep 1 2011 on  01:21 AM
*Sardines
*Oysters
*Driving
What, me too!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Sep 6 2011 on  02:24 PM
Dino Squad. It's not that well known of a show and lasted only two seasons (which were all that were ordered), and it doesn't garner many ratings. Some are positive, but not much. The score is really low on IMDB last I had checked.

While I do agree it has its faults, and that the show could have been better than what it was, I still liked it. The concept was interesting, and it could have been a more epic show if done right. But it, sadly, fell victim to having the wrong people work on it. Seriously, at times, it didn't feel like the people making the show really cared about what they were doing. :p
I didn't think the show was bad at all. I usually like everything produced by DIC.

This game Jurassic: The Hunted. It got such negative critical response, but I found the game fun to play. It's sort of a Nazi Zombies/Jurassic Park type game.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've played that game as well. It is fun to play, but it gets repetitive. I just wish that they had more variety of enemies. Most of the time I was shooting raptors.

As for Dino Squad, I do hope for at least one more season, but I don't see that happening. Such a shame too. Season 2 was an improvement over season 1, and the final episode really made me wish they'd continue from there.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: Waluigifan,Sep 3 2011 on  06:48 AM
I like the movie "The Legend of the Titanic". Everyone on the GOF hates this movie - except me (and my friends. I watched this movie with my friends when I was younger, and they also liked that movie, so I don't see why this movie is so hated. Of course it is not the true story of the Titanic and it is quite unrealistic, but it is not supposed to be the true story of the Titanic.).
The reason why people don't like it here is not because of how bad the story is. It's because it is disgustingly disrespectful and insulting to the people who died on the Titanic.
It doesn't matter if it's unrealistic and not the true story of the Titanic.
Neither is the James Cameron blockbuster or the musical. But at least the former gave the victims a lot more dignity than...that octopus.
 The best thing I can think of to describe it is spitting on the (some watery) graves of the people who died and then laughing at it. It jumped the shark in saying "Oh no, the Titanic never sank! A giant octopus was tricked into throwing an iceberg in order to fulfill a whaling plot and saved everyone in the end with the help of the whales. Yes, everyone! Even the captain and the orchestra (seeing the orchestra on the lifeboats infuriated me!) "
At least, that's my opinion. You can like it all you want.
But that's why most of us here don't like it. It's insulting.

I hope I'm not being unreasonable.
:neutral

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Waluigifan,Sep 3 2011 on  07:48 AM
Heck, I even drew fan comics of this movie when I was young. I would really like to watch the German version of this movie again.
However, I've never seen the sequel to this movie (maybe because that movie was never released in Germany).
That's one heck of a guilty pleasure.

*Sigh* I like Silent Hill Origins.

*Dodges tomatos being thrown at me*

Come on! Sure, it wasn't as good as the first three Silent Hill games but at least it was better than Homecoming and Shattered Memories.

I also like Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness.

*Dodges more tomataos*

But...it had the best story out of all the games and Louvre Gallery level was great.

And finally...I like Devil May Cry 2.

*Dodges more tomatos, bricks and knives*

Hey...it was far better than that crap reboot that I pray never gets released.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
CT and Serris, I agree. 'Cept for the driving part.

Ok, let me try.

-cabbage
-cale (haven't eaten it in ages!)
-Brussel sprouts
-spinach

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like spinach, too. Fresh spinach that is, on a salad or in a sandwich.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Oct 3 2011 on  09:07 AM
-cabbage
-cale (haven't eaten it in ages!)
-Brussel sprouts
-spinach
I like all of those greens as well :yes.  My diet is mostly veggies, fruits, and grains.

I also like squash of all kinds.  Yellow, zucchini, acorn, butternut, spaghetti, even pumpkin :p.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I like all of those, why people hate that kind of food is beyond me. But my diet mostly consists of veggies and basically anything but meat,

because I never liked meat  :x .

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
While I'm big on veggies, even as a kid, I can't imagine my diet without meat. I could never be a vegetarian.