The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah, 100%. Honestly I had no clue the role was ever recasted

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you think that furries existed as far back as the 70s or 80s?

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Who's your favrouite Dalmatian in 101 Dalmatians?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Can't say I feel too strongly about any of them, tbh

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Way broader than Nick's :P I think anyone who's a fan of content starring anthropomorphic animals is at least displaying furry tendencies. I know most people draw the line more specifically to like "People who have fursonas" or "people who consume niche internet content" but I know furries who do neither of those things, and if I were to have to encompass the entire gamut of people I know who are all definitely furries, the only line in the sand that encompasses all of them is the former.

Do note that "is a fan" goes a bit further than "has seen it and/or likes it." Someone who saw and thought Zootopia was a good film isn't necessarily a furry, especially if they forget about the film and quickly move on with their lives, but if they get immersed enough in Zootopia culture and community that they consider themselves a "fan", I think they've crossed the line. I suppose it's possible that someone can be a fan of something furry while not taking any interest in the anthro aspects, but said aspects are so intrinsically integrated into the whole of the product I would still nonetheless categorize them as a furry whether they like it or not.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Is it OK to call voice actors who enjoy voicing animal characters furries by technicality?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Eh, not really, everything changes when you're making money. I've done some unusual things to avoid homelessness in my day, financial incentives really muddy the waters on what someone 'wants' to do and what's just proved to be an efficient way to keep yourself fed and housed without hating your job.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you think that Cody Arens gave Littlefoot more character development in the TV Series than any of the Land Before Time movie voices combined?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah Littlefoot's voice was one of the highlights of the TV series. I think the main relief was that whoever voiced him in the later movies had outgrown the part, they didn't really sound right for the role, so having it return to a new voice within the proper age range was a welcome change

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
It's been okay but not great, things are doing better in my friends' and family's lives so they aren't looking to me for as much emotional support as they used to, but my work's been riddled with shakeups and I'm usually working till like 7pm. I can't really complain since it's remote work so at least I don't need to travel to/from an office, but it is draining me pretty badly. Been finishing extra work in preparation for taking the last week of September off just to give myself some time to relax without interrupting all the pipelines that rely on my video editing

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Glad the people around you are doing better. And oof working to 7 surely sounds exhausting. Hope there is an end in sight for that kind of overtime. Glad you are getting some time off.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Did you know that Cody Arens was a teenager by the time of the Land Before Time TV Series?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I did not! I know barely anything about the LBT voice actors, haha

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Are you surprised that his voice was that high for a kid going through puberty at the time?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
tbh I've worked with a lot of voice actors, myself included, and changing your voice to suit a role comes with the territory. He did an incredible job, but as a professional voice actor he's literally being paid to be able to do that. Still I think he did a very good performance considering his age and the large quantity of voice lines for the character

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Can't say he's had much of an impact on me, but he certainly didn't do a bad job or anything. Fit the role perfectly well and all